• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the guns grew in size they dropped in mobility, making the dedicated anti-tank gun less effective in the attack than in defence. This gave impetus to the development of the tank destroyer, an armoured vehicle sacrificing the tougher capabilities of the tank (in the German cases) or some protection for a more effective anti-tank capability.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

And here I was making mistakes that would hardly save me time!
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Is this the "People talking to themselves" thread?

Comment

By the end of the war the concept of the dedicated anti-tank gun was completely dead, as the guns were so large that they were essentially immobile.

Comment

I hurtled towards the security point.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

There were many types and kinds of anti-tank grenades. These ranged from hollow charge designs (e.g., the British No. 68 AT Grenade), to ones that simply contained a lot of explosive (the British No. 73 Grenade).

Comment

I glanced at the board - had I missed the flight?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

To increase their effectiveness, some grenades were designed so that they adhered to the tank either through an adhesive (sticky bomb) or with a magnet. The Germans used a magnetic grenade ("Hafthohlladung 3") to ensure that the hollow charge would fire at the optimal 90° angle to the armour.

Comment

I'll take that as a yes. How are you today Moose?

Comment

There was also a special type of grenade called the Nebelhandgranaten or "Blendkörper" ("smoke hand grenades"), which was supposed to be smashed over an air vent and fill the tank with smoke, widely used by both sides in World War II

Comment

Working...
                      X