• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tipped a friend off about the deliveries from amazon.de and he also has bought a few. Although he was worried that they had got lost in transit, but his receptionist decided not to inform him that they had turned up.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Oh Dear.... thats not very good - go in there and give them a good
      They're in Dublin, I'm in London, so ing isn't so easy.

They missed their own 30 day payment deadline, so I sent them an email last Wednesday asking WTF; all I got back (the next day) was a reply from somebody saying "I'll look into it."

Sent a second email (copied to EU head of my department) stating that I would be unable to continue supplying services to ClientCorp if they failed to settle invoices in a timely manner, including a link to their SLA page on the intranet, and went on to tell them I reserved the right to claim interest "under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, which implements European Directive 2000/35/EC" at 13.5%; within an hour the head of AP had emailed me to tell me payment would be made last Friday.

After another round of emails copied to everybody I could think of this morning, they finally told me payment had been made on Monday, so with a bit of luck that should turn up tomorrow and I can afford to go to my fun conference next week

Comment

Ah well, if they've paid, I suppose I lose the excuse I've been using to skive all morning... better get some work done.

(Had a terrible night's sleep, managed to doze off about 2, woke about 4:45 and didn't get properly off to sleep again... finding it really hard to concentrate )

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Ah well, if they've paid, I suppose I lose the excuse I've been using to skive all morning... better get some work done.

(Had a terrible night's sleep, managed to doze off about 2, woke about 4:45 and didn't get properly off to sleep again... finding it really hard to concentrate )
          Spooky - I woke up at 4.45am too....

Well, I'm going to Dublin next weekend, want me to pay them a visit?
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            If you want, I'll bid a few up for you to boost the price...

For a fee.
            The danger is that the person boosting the price for you wins the auction. Had that happen a few times - but you just agree not to sell it and no-onw pays any fees for it
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If you're dishing out , I'll come to Dublin!
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Ah, that explains it. Can you sleep a bit later tomorrow please, I can't stand these early starts.

Definitely; they're somewhere here

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  The danger is that the person boosting the price for you wins the auction. Had that happen a few times - but you just agree not to sell it and no-onw pays any fees for it
                  I'll bear you in mind if the a couple look like they are going on the low side

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Then you'll be pleased to know we've done Hayseed Dixie and are now on to Hot Rox & Fazed Cookies (Rolling Stones).
                    Hayseed Dixie live or album?

I donwloaded a couple of concerts - most amusing.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Ah, that explains it. Can you sleep a bit later tomorrow please, I can't stand these early starts.
                      If you two are both up together, I can understand how that can make you tired.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X