• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump

Morning all.

Comment

there's a great story i heard about my old man and one of his drinking buddies at a pub in aston clinton.

i think at least one of them must have had a particularly good month because they got into a competition about who could buy the biggest round in the boozer.

sounds like a real city type wheeze but they were not city types and aston clinton is a long way from the city.

anyway the rounds got bigger and bigger. one of them (not sure who - i must ask) left the pub. was it over? was it heck - he'd been knocking on doors asking people to come to the pub...

Comment

i suppose that explains why their companies went to the wall.

i can't remember the name of the pub but i can visualise it. on the hill up to tring opposite the turnoff to halton... always had a huge double diamond advert on the wall... i think it is a residence now. cock-a-google-do...

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          i suppose that explains why their companies went to the wall.

i can't remember the name of the pub but i can visualise it. on the hill up to tring opposite the turnoff to halton... always had a huge double diamond advert on the wall... i think it is a residence now. cock-a-google-do...
          I think it must be a residence now. There's the aforementioned Crows Nest further up the hill, near the roundabout for the new motorway, but that's a quarter of a mile from the Halton/Wendover turn. And it's a hotel as well now.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            There was a good team in our quiz league from Quainton. Bunch of geezers who worked at Equitable in Aylesbury. Can't remember the name of the pub - Carpenters Arms?
            only one i've ever been in was the george and dragon on the green. lovely spot. the others are swan and castle and the white hart.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              only one i've ever been in was the george and dragon on the green. lovely spot. the others are swan and castle and the white hart.
              Could be the Swan. The Carpenters Arms was probably the team from Stewkley. Their second team called themselves the Carpenters Armless.

Comment

That's better. Two pints of a pleasing substance from Tring Brewery, served up at a pub in Ivinghoe Aston.

Are you listening Duck, Cliff Hercules, er ... can't think of anyone else famous connected with Aylesbury ... anyway, your pubs took a hell of a beating tonight!

Comment

er.. roald dahl, marillion, john hampden?

Comment

If you spent an average of 45 seconds reading each of the pages on this post it would take 21.5 hours to get to the end
                    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
                      If you spent an average of 45 seconds reading each of the pages on this post it would take 21.5 hours to get to the end
                      Some of those posts will get a lot more than 45 seconds.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X