• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Hindu philosophy, an avatar (also spelt as avatara) (Sanskrit: अवतार, avatāra), most commonly refers to the incarnation (bodily manifestation) of a higher being (deva), or the Supreme Being (God) onto planet Earth. The Sanskrit word avatāra- literally means "descent" (avatarati) and usually implies a deliberate descent into lower realms of existence for special purposes. The term is used primarily in Hinduism, for incarnations of Vishnu whom many Hindus worship as God. Shiva and Ganesha are also described as descending in the form of avatars, with the Ganesha Purana and the Mudgala Purana detailing Ganesha's avatars specifically.

Comment

Fire is a rapid oxidation process that creates light, heat, smoke, and releases energy in varying intensities. It is commonly used to describe either a fuel in a state of combustion (e.g., a campfire, or a lit fireplace or stove) or a violent, destructive and uncontrolled burning (e.g., in buildings or a wildfire). The discovery of how to make fire is considered one of humankind's most important advances, allowing higher hominids to ward off wild animals, cook food, and control their own source of light and warmth.

Comment

The Humber is a large tidal waterway on the East Coast of Northern England.

The Humber is an estuary formed at Trent Falls, Faxfleet, by the confluence of the tidal River Ouse and the tidal River Trent. From here to the North Sea, it forms part of the boundary between the East Riding of Yorkshire on the North bank and North Lincolnshire on the South bank. Because the Humber is an estuary from the point at which it is formed, it is not correct to refer to it as the River Humber or (definitely not) the Humber River.

Comment

The Humber River is a river in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is approximately 120 kilometres long, rising in the Long Range Mountains; flowing southeast then southwest, through Deer Lake, to the Bay of Islands at Corner Brook.

A hydroelectric station on the river near Deer Lake provides power for the Corner Brook Pulp & Paper Plant.

The Humber River is a popular recreational destination. It is a popular salmon river for fishers in the area. The surrounding Humber Valley is currently undergoing a transition from woodland to exclusive high end resort area. A 300+ unit, 2 golf course development called Humber River Resort is currently in progress on the riverbank in the Boomsiding area.

Comment

Humber was a British automobile marque which could date its beginnings to Thomas Humber's bicycle company founded in 1868. In 1931 it was taken over by the Rootes brothers to become part of the Rootes Group. The range focused on luxury models, such as the Humber Super Snipe.

Comment

Humber the Hun was a legendary king of the Huns as accounted by Geoffrey of Monmouth. According to legend, following the separation of Britain by Locrinus, Kamber, and Albanactus, Humber invaded Albany and killed Albanactus in open battle. The remaining people fled south where Locrinus allied with Kamber and defeated Humber near a river. Humber drowned in that river, which was thereafter known as the Humber, one of the main rivers of England.

Comment

Originally posted by smee.again
                The shampoo one? Please elaborate....
                Champagne my dear chap, Champagne

SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                  Champagne my dear chap, Champagne

I was thinking that this was a bit odd...I thought maybe you got to try all the different shampoos...!!!!!

Comment

very nice too. some good tours to be had in the reims champagne houses.

Comment

got some bubbly that i should have had on my birthday. think tonight is the night!

Comment

Working...
                      X