• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    i'm re-reading the 'spatterjay' sequence of books by Neal Asher to amuse myself during lockdown.
    i'd forgotten lots of detail.
    might read his whole back catalogue, interspersted with others, maybe ian m banks?
    dunno.
    I do like Iain M Banks. Shame he's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Now watching BBC Scotland - Inside Central Station all about Glasgow Central train station.

Episode 1 expires on Tuesday, so get in quick!
      bet i can tell you stories that aren't in that program

Comment

I do like Iain M Banks. Shame he's dead.
        he was brilliant IMO
        espedaire street <as ian banks> was a favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Dinner time. After which it is back into the tpd time machine(TM HMRC).
          Dinner was ham, macaroni cheese, tomatoes and vegetables.

Comment

Dinner was ham, macaroni cheese, tomatoes and vegetables.
            While watching super nanny. Baby bp loves that show. Keeps telling me howbad my parenting is. Which given how he treats me is a fair comment...

Comment

21:00 tonight
              dave <ch 19 on freeview>
              red dwarf 'the promised land'
              for any red dwarf afficionados out there
              hth

Comment

Well. After all that fuss about how I'm w**king the weekend, the last meeting of the day was telling us that we're now on a three day week.

So now on Tuesdays to Thursdays for the rest of April and potentially May too, that bit yet to be confirmed.
                Is that good or bad?

I suppose at least its still a job. But you might end up drivelling 3 days and useful stuff the other 4? Like OU?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  i've decided to get pished tonight.
                  glenmorangie and becks o'clock.
                  Mixed together with brown sauce?

Comment

It's the drink HWMBO got me on when I very first met him and I was trollied after trying several variations.
                    Century

Or did I already celebrate that one?

Comment

Very bad day today. Maybe I will drivel about it later.

I am even arguing in the joke thread! FFS - things are bad....
                      So regarding cats - cat with bad knee had to go to vet. Before he can be sent for surgery, he needed x-rays and blood tests. Total cost £785 - including an extra £100 to get him sedated as he is so bad around people.

He was in the vets most of the day. Surgery will be next week - probably Thursday.

He is not in a good way since coming home. He had a 2 inch step to get into litter tray - he could not manage. So MrsBP and I had a large mess to clear up. Now we are watching the other cats to make sure they don't attack him - cats are evil.

He has a blanket on the floor.

We have pet insurance - excess £175. Total bills covered £2000. I reckon with the surgery we might hit that. Thank God I still have a job. How do poor people afford it?

Comment

Working...
                      X