• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked
    Wake up boys, TPD was NOT on the top of the list this morning. Slackers

Sorry girly, we was busy doin summat else...!!!!

Comment

The building of the World Trade Center started as a post-World War II urban renewal project, spearheaded by David Rockefeller, to help revitalize Lower Manhattan. The project was developed by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which hired architect Minoru Yamasaki who came up with the specific idea for twin towers. After extensive negotiations, the New Jersey and New York State governments, which oversee the Port Authority, agreed to support the World Trade Center project at the Radio Row site on the lower-west side of Manhattan. To make the agreement acceptable to New Jersey, the Port Authority agreed to take over the bankrupt Hudson & Manhattan Railroad (renamed as PATH), which brought commuters from New Jersey to the Lower Manhattan site.

The towers were designed as framed tube structures, which provided tenants with open floor plans, uninterrupted by columns or walls. This was accomplished using numerous, closely-spaced perimeter columns to provide much of the strength to the structure, along with gravity load shared with the core columns. The elevator system, which made use of sky lobbies and a system of express and local elevators, allowed substantial floor space to be freed up for use as office space by making the structural core smaller. The design and construction of the World Trade Center twin towers involved many other innovative techniques, such as the slurry wall for digging the foundation, and wind tunnel experiments. Construction of the World Trade Center's North Tower began in August 1968, and the South Tower in 1969. Extensive use of prefabricated components helped to speed up the construction process. The first tenants moved into the North Tower in December 1970 and into the South Tower in January 1972. Four other, low-level buildings were constructed as part of the World Trade Center in the 1970s, and a seventh building was constructed in the mid-1980
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
          Sorry girly, we was busy doin summat else...!!!!
          Two-timing slackers. How did we got so lucky!
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
            Two-timing slackers. How did we got so lucky!

Maybe lady luck was looking down and you and thinking "got to have me some of that...!!!???

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                This is it...

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=58310

However it lacks the interest that is TPD...
                Nice thread.

It does lack the focus on rubbish that TPD is famed for though.

Comment

yeah we plumb al sorts of different depths here.

Comment

Talking of which, yesterday I managed to time my trip to the post office with such perfection that the thunder started once I was out in the open with no shelter. I haven't been so wet since I last had a bath (whenever that was).

Comment

all even.

Comment

Working...
                      X