• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small step...
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

or sharks?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
        how about cars?
        how about cars ?
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

as you wish...

The Ferrari F355 is a sports car built by Ferrari from May 1994 to 1999. It is an evolution of the Ferrari 348 and was replaced by the Ferrari 360. It is a mid-engined V8-powered 2-seat coupe. One major difference between the V8 in the 348 and that in the F355, apart from the displacement increase from 3.4 to 3.5 L, is that the F355 features a 5-valve per cylinder head. Like its predecessors and descendants, the F355 is a fairly common car (for a Ferrari) with 11,273 units produced.

At launch, two models were available: the coupe Berlinetta, and the targa topped GTS. The Spider (convertible) version was introduced in 1995. In 1998 the Formula One style paddle gear shift transmission was introduced with the Ferrari 355 F1 (note the dropping of the F before the 355) adding £6,000 to the dealer asking price.

Ferrari manufactured a race ready F355 Challenge model for use specifically in the Ferrari Challenge race event. The Ferrari F355 Challenge shares the exact same performance and dimension specifications as the original. Ferrari simply added racing seats, a downforce wing, and a roll cage. The F355 Challenge is not street legal. Only 109 were produced. Each F355 Challenge has an emblem on the rear which specifically denotes 'F355 Challenge'.

To signify the end of the 355 model Ferrari built 100 units with the designation 'Serie Fiorano' they are slightly lower than stock with a special handling package and remapped fuel chip. The majority of these are Spiders and can easily be identified by the numbered plaque on the dashboard.

Weight (measured): 1444 kg = 3183 lb (88l fuel)

Performance (measured): 0-60mph 4.5s, 0-100mph 10.1s, 0-124.3mph 16.2s.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

or contagious diseases

Comment

The Lamborghini Gallardo (IPA: /ɡɑːˈjɑːɹ.dəʊ/)[1] is the Italian supercar maker Lamborghini's "entry-level" supercar, sitting beneath the Murciélago. It is also the first car to feature the new Lamborghini V10 engine - only the third engine made by the firm. 5,000 Gallardos were built in just three years, making it the company's most-produced model to date.[2] The second-place Diablo took a decade to sell 2,903 units.

The car is named after a famous breed of fighting bull. Gallardo is also Spanish for the word gallant.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Conquest of CyprusIn April 1191, while on route to the Third Crusade, Richard stopped on the Byzantine island of Rhodes to avoid the stormy weather. It seems that Richard had previously met his fiancée Berengaria only once, years before their wedding. He had assigned his mother to represent him and convince her father, Sancho VI of Navarre, and her other relatives to agree to the wedding, and to bring the bride to him. Richard came to their rescue when they were shipwrecked on the coast of Cyprus. He left Rhodes in May but a new storm drove Richard's fleet to Cyprus.

On 6 May 1191, Richard's fleet arrived in the port of Lemesos (now Limassol) on Cyprus, and he captured the city. The island's despot Isaac Komnenos arrived too late to stop the Crusaders, and retired to Kolossi. Richard called Isaac to negotiations but Isaac demanded his departure. Richard and his cavalry met Isaac's army in battle at Tremetusia. The few Cypriot Roman Catholics and those nobles who opposed Isaac's rule joined Richard's army. Though Isaac and his men fought bravely, Richard's army was bigger and better equipped, assuring his victory. He also received military assistance from the King of Jerusalem and Guy of Lusignan. Isaac resisted from the castles of Pentadactylos but after the siege of Kantara Castle, he finally surrendered. It was claimed that, once Isaac had been captured Richard had him confined with silver chains, because he had promised that he would not place him in irons. Isaac's young daughter was kept in the household of Berengaria and Joan. Richard looted the island and massacred those trying to resist him. He and most of his army left Cyprus for the Holy Land in early June, having gained for the Crusade a supply base that was not under immediate threat from the Turks as was Tyre.In his absence Cyprus was governed by Richard Camville.
                SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

nice. common garden cars too. eh?

Comment

Overview

The Gallardo was designed as a competitor to the Ferrari 360, and now competes with its replacement, the Ferrari F430. Although performance is lower than that of the Murcielago, it is still very high, and the Gallardo has much better rearward visibility and, according to reviewers, is more maneuverable and tractable in low-speed traffic, making the Gallardo a more practical car to drive. It is also much more practical to use in bad weather than many other supercars, thanks to rear-biased all-wheel drive. Although corporate owner Audi[3] is renowned for its Quattro AWD system, Lamborghini uses a system of its own.

To the disappointment of some Lamborghini fans, the Gallardo does not have "Jack Knife Doors," aka "Scissor doors" as found on the Countach, Diablo, and Murcielago models.

The Gallardo was designed by Belgian Luc Donckerwolke.

At current U.S. prices, a base Gallardo costs about US$165,000 to $200,000

The Gallardo uses a V10 engine based on Audi's old straight-5 design. The engine was split again to become the straight-5 engine found in the new Volkswagen Jetta. The 5.0 L engine (basically the same engine featured in Audi's S6 and S8 models) is a current Audi 4.2 L V8 (featured in Audi's S4, A6, A8, and Q7 models) with two extra cylinders added and a slightly smaller bore diameter.

The Gallardo offers two choices of transmissions, a conventional six-speed manual transmission, and an advanced six-speed electro-hydraulically controlled auto-clutch manual, or, as Lamborghini abbreviates it to, "E-gear". The latter ("E-gear") allows the driver to make shifts much faster than a manual transmission would, however with this option one sacrfrices a certain measure of control that the manual transmission would offer. The driver shifts up and down via paddles behind the steering wheel, and does not need to manually actuate the clutch.

The Audi R8 sports car, launched in early 2007, is based heavily on the Gallardo, but uses a V8 in place of the Gallardo's V10 to avoid competing directly with the Gallardo.

For the 2008 model year, the Gallardo will receive a slight facelift with a new front air dam, larger air intakes, dual squared of exhausts (similar to the Murciélago LP640) and new vents behind the front wheel. The Gallardo will also receive new rear suspension as well as a few other, unspecified components from the Audi R8.[4]

Comment

beer. that's a good subject.

Comment

Working...
                      X