• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1280 A.D. Edward I of England, known as "Longshanks," has occupied much of Scotland, and his oppressive rule there leads to the deaths of William Wallace's father and brother. Years later and after Wallace has grown up with his uncle outside of Scotland, the Scots continue to live under the harsh thumb of Longshanks' cruel laws.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

the force is strong in this one

Comment

Wallace returns, intent on living as a farmer and avoiding involvement in the ongoing Scottish rebellion. Wallace rekindles a romance with Murron after showing her the carefully preserved thistle she gave him as a child, and the two marry in secret. After Wallace attacks a group of English soldiers attempting to rape Murron, the local Sheriff executes her. Wallace takes revenge on both him and the local English fort, and unintentionally kindles a Scottish rebellion.
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

he wasn't edward 1st either. there had been previous king edwards

Comment

wallace was hung drawn and quartered but there is debate over exactly what that entails

Comment

particularly about the drawn bit.

Comment

drawn to the place of death... or stretched on a rack.... or my own personal favourite sketched by the royal artist moments after being taken down from the gallows with a stretched neck

Comment

Is this a novel by AtW?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

h,d & q usually meant and open cart "drawn" through the streets, stripped naked, hung until nearly dead, castrated (or emasculated - there's debate over that too), then beheaded, then quartered. quartered means neck (head gone already) to crotch and at the waist. each quarter would then be sent to sundry places for viewing and the head stuck on a pole somewhere.

Comment

there are sundry versions and alterations including boiling and burning and skinning and the like.

Comment

Working...
                      X