• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

By which time I couldn't be bothered any more, so I'm going to have a beer and watch Breaking Bad instead

Which ep? Or eps?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Forgot the batphone this morning.

It's currently sat in the only place it works at home, in the back bedroom of my house on top of a 15" vga monitor. (Don't ask ).
      I had that problem at my house in blighty, mobiles only worked upstairs, though mine is permanently on silent as I rarely get calls.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I think that Lorne Malvo is my new role model.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          I had that problem at my house in blighty, mobiles only worked upstairs, though mine is permanently on silent as I rarely get calls.
          It used to work, sommat must have happened to the orange tower at the top of the hill.

I should complain.

Naturally enough, there'll be some hideous crisis & I'll be unreachable.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            It used to work, sommat must have happened to the orange tower at the top of the hill.

I should complain.

Naturally enough, there'll be some hideous crisis & I'll be unreachable.
            It won't work. To cover a larger section of the A1M they moved the local mask slightly.

It created a gap over part of one of the local new build housing estates. Which doesn't matter to orange, regardless of the fact orange's senior support engineer lives in the gap so for the past three years hasn't had any on call requests*

* There is a workaround recorded to get hold of him. As its not on the standard procedure people don't however use the workaround.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

mudskipper manor is a mobile phone blackspot.

Mr ms got a signal booster thingy from vodafone that plugs into the broadband and seems to work well. Unfortunately I'm on orange or whatever they are these days. Really should change...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                mudskipper manor is a mobile phone blackspot.

Mr ms got a signal booster thingy from vodafone that plugs into the broadband and seems to work well. Unfortunately I'm on orange or whatever they are these days. Really should change...
                Orange/EE offer signal boosters. However it would be a bit daft having two boosters in the same house.

Comment

They do indeed, however it requires the phone to have wifi.

Guess wot all mine don't have.

Comment

According to the Orange coverage map, it should work fine & dandy.

Odd that 3 phones don't.

Comment

Just looked on the ofcom coverage map that shows where the base stations are.

The most likely one is in the middle of a fecking wood.

And at this time of year, woods are full of trees.

And trees are full of leaves.

Just the right size to reduce my fecking signal.

Now where did I put that chainsaw?

Comment

Working...
                      X