• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's end of term.

Thank feck for that.

I'm right on the ragged edge of going postal.

Om.

Comment

Morning!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Morning

9 degrees, bright sunshine, Daimler nearly perfect; one side of the rear picnic table's mountings has fallen off so I shall screw that back in at the weekend.
        I remember posh cars wot had stuff like that.

I think my dad's Mk II rustbucket had them.

Pity about the engine though.

Comment

Bored.

Now.

Comment

Morning denizens

Friday!

Possibly my last Friday at ClientCo, possibly not; the question of whether or not I'm required for all next week is a bit up in the air at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              I remember posh cars wot had stuff like that.

I think my dad's Mk II rustbucket had them.

Pity about the engine though.
              Shame about the rust on the old jags. There's a Mk X at the local classic garage right now, in a sad state of repair; rust on every panel and an interior that looks like a long deserted country house, and waiting for restoration. Mind you, it's not just the build quality but the rather lax attitude of some owners that let their car get into a sorry state. The restoration chappy says it's going to cost his client as much as a decent semi detached house to get it back to showroom condition. One of these;

Did Zeitpater have one of these? They're becoming very desirable if they're in decent condition and the prices are going upwards rapidly;

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 28 March 2014, 09:06.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Did Zeitpater have one of these? They're becoming very desirable if they're in decent condition and the prices are going upwards rapidly;

It was a temporary POS that he bought while the Rover 90 was being repaired following ZeitMater's encounter with a hedge.

Dunno if it was a Mk I or a Mk II coz it was ever such a long time ago.

Whatever it was, the engine was fecked, and the rest of it was held together with bits of string (literally).

He sold it on as scrap & the scrap merchant drove it around for yonks until it actually went to the great scrapyard in the sky.

Not before time.

The registration was SUN408.

Bit of a misnomer really.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 28 March 2014, 09:36.

Comment

As I've no doubt mentioned before, there was an XK140(?) mouldering away in a lockup garage down the end of our back lane for years & years.

The owner was a milkman who bought cars, ran 'em for a while then dumped them.

He had two XKs, the one in the garage & another that someone had crashed that he used for spares.

Eventually the owner of the garages posted a notice (some 25 or 30 years later) saying that the car must be removed or it would be taken away.

Which it was, on the back of a low loader.

Worth £10k even in the condition it was in at the time.

Dunno if the milkman ever found out.

Comment

It was a temporary POS that he bought while the Rover 90 was being repaired following ZeitMater's encounter with a hedge.

Dunno if it was a Mk I or a Mk II coz it was ever such a long time ago.

Whatever it was, the engine was fecked, and the rest of it was held together with bits of string (literally).

He sold it on as scrap & the scrap merchant drove it around for yonks until it actually went to the great scrapyard in the sky.

Not before time.

The registration was SUN408.

Bit of a misnomer really.
                    It was always a risky plan to get militant trade unionists in Coventry to try building the world's finest cars, and then of course British Leyland came along and turned what was potentially gold into tulip. Is there some term for the opposite of the midas touch?

Comment

As I've no doubt mentioned before, there was an XK140(?) mouldering away in a lockup garage down the end of our back lane for years & years.

The owner was a milkman who bought cars, ran 'em for a while then dumped them.

He had two XKs, the one in the garage & another that someone had crashed that he used for spares.

Eventually the owner of the garages posted a notice (some 25 or 30 years later) saying that the car must be removed or it would be taken away.

Which it was, on the back of a low loader.

Worth £10k even in the condition it was in at the time.

Dunno if the milkman ever found out.
                      XK140 - 1954 - Classic restoration services

Price: € 132.500,00

Comment

Working...
                      X