• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        We're currently (ha!) having periodic dips in the power, on one phase judging by the effects.
        Is that when you force the fingers of esteemed customers into the fuse box?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is that when you force the fingers of esteemed customers into the fuse box?
          I would if there were any around.

Hopefully won't see any until September, though a couple may pop in to say byeeeeee after graduation.

Comment

I would if there were any around.

Hopefully won't see any until September, though a couple may pop in to say byeeeeee after graduation.
            Just saw one.

Comment

Just saw one.
              Quick! Call Bill Oddie!
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just started raining again
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Afternoon all!

Got my motorbike licence - passed Mod 2 exam this morning! Woohooo!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Afternoon all!

Got my motorbike licence - passed Mod 2 exam this morning! Woohooo!

I have no Idea what a Mod 2 exam is, but congrats and welcome to the Biking Fraternity

When I took my bike test about 35+ years ago, it was twice round the block and do an emergency stop without skidding or falling off when the examiner stepped off the kerb and waved his clipboard
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

I have no Idea what a Mod 2 exam is, but congrats and welcome to the Biking Fraternity

When I took my bike test about 35+ years ago, it was twice round the block and do an emergency stop without skidding or falling off when the examiner stepped off the kerb and waved his clipboard
                      Thanks Diver!

Mod 2 is a 40 min drive around followed by an Examiner.

5 faults (out of a max permissible 11) though – all in the first 10-15 mins! It all fell apart on the very first min – I got off the bike and said I couldn’t hear him on the radio – he said it was a bit dodgy around the starting area. Well, I was a bag of nerves after that, couldn’t focus – missed what he said about parking in front of a car…then I thought I’d failed so I gave up and just biked normally!

Well, I passed – he said all faults were in first 10-15mins and then he said, after that you drove well! Well done!

I had a catalogue of intangibles – slow mopeds in front of me on a dual carriageway – I had to overtake, he marked me down for hesitating, lorries and cars pulling out on me, a lorry trundling down a narrow road opposite me when I was turning right forcing me on the other side…. The list went on and on – it was like appearing on The Truman Show it was that comical!
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X