• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show off.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly. (And not in a good way).

Train on time.

Blindperson installed.

Hill steep.

Slippery bit mostly unslippery.

Pavement art unchanged.

Wall coming along nicely. We're going to break the 2.5 year barrier at this rate.

Skool in view, as through a glass, darkly.

Monday.

Bad leg (cramp). Bad eye (sommat blew in it a week ago).

Someone shoot me now. It would be a mercy.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 23 April 2012, 08:33. Reason: How did this end up in here? I must be cracking up.

Comment

I just shot you in the bored thread
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        My workshop (and bastion of solitude) at the bottom (where my digger is) is going to be 8m x 5.5m
        Hmmm, don't think the garden where I'm renting is even that size.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          been to god daughters 3rd b'day party this afternoon.

all good fun, balloons and party food
          Zen.

Chury.

Comment

Knackered. & Rain forecast all today and I really need to get the work done on my garden. it looks like a building site

Comment

Morning all. Happy St George's day.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                When I dug the last tree stump out at the bottom of the garden, I found a layer of red brick that had been under the roots. I prised one of the bricks out and there was a hollow under it so I put my arm through with the digital camera and took some flash photos. There was a large disused brick culvert 5 ft under my garden!
                I have now done a redesign on my workshop to include ground beams to span the culvert (don't want it collapsing under the weight of the building)

Comment

When I dug the last tree stump out at the bottom of the garden, I found a layer of red brick that had been under the roots. I prised one of the bricks out and there was a hollow under it so I put my arm through with the digital camera and took some flash photos. There was a large disused brick culvert 5 ft under my garden!
                  I have now done a redesign on my workshop to include ground beams to span the culvert (don't want it collapsing under the weight of the building)
                  Any idea what is was originally for? If it is disused is it worth filling it in?

I bet these are stupid questions - so if you want to move my questions from tpd to general then feel free.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Any idea what is was originally for? If it is disused is it worth filling it in?

I bet these are stupid questions - so if you want to move my questions from tpd to general then feel free.....
                    There used to be a canal behind my house, it was filled in in the 1800's and they put a railway line there. that has now gone (1960's) so your guess is as good as mine. It's big enough for me to crawl through, so I will leave it there in case the english invade again and I need an escape tunnel

Comment

There used to be a canal behind my house, it was filled in in the 1800's and they put a railway line there. that has now gone (1960's) so your guess is as good as mine. It's big enough for me to crawl through, so I will leave it there in case the english invade again and I need an escape tunnel
                      Interesting. I bet you are one of the few who is grateful to Beeching though!

Note to Wales invasion force - leave power tools in vacinity of Diver's house. He wont be able to resist cutting off some extremity or another....

Comment

Working...
                      X