• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUst eaten lunch at my desk - it came from Tesco.

At least I have lunch out with a m8 tmrw.

Comment

ooh the chief has given me a major piece of work to look at.

Parsing an xml file and returning the structure to him - that should take all of about 30 mins

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Thanks for the pizza stone tip - I have a horrible feeling I have one of those already (one of those "Oh, how nice" presents that went straight into the back of a cupboard moments).

No, I just stick it in the freezer and every 30 mins whisk to break up the ice crystals.

Is an ice cream machine worth it? (I tend to avoid most gimmicky appliances where I can)
        If you have a food processor, whisk the ice-cream up in that, you'll have less crystals. It also aerates the mix, so you don't end up with a heavy ice cream.

Even if you buy one of the machines that you have to stick the bowl in the freezer it is worth it to have a machine.

I ended up buying one of the full monty Gaggia ones with the in-built freezer (I blame Mr N who pointed out that one of them was heavily discounted as we walked past the gaggia shop).
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

Parsing an xml file and returning the structure to him - that should take all of about 30 mins
          And he thinks it will take half a day?
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            And he thinks it will take half a day?
            I don't know what he thinks - but he has just wandered over and I showed him how easy it is to read and return. That stumped him and now he's gone off uming and arghing about what next

Comment

Bored.

Now.

And I don't even have a culvert to take pictures of.

Comment

I don't know what he thinks - but he has just wandered over and I showed him how easy it is to read and return. That stumped him and now he's gone off uming and arghing about what next
                Has he not asked you if you could write a program for him to win the lottery?
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Well done on the sequence numbers.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Almost time to say Byeeee.

Comment

WZGS.

Byeeeee

Comment

Working...
                      X