• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Nah, everyone's just busy w*rking. It won't last.
    Not on a Friday

WFH trying to do some data-mapping for a conversion while DD1 & DS1 are fighting. Somehow the office seems quite apealing.

Oh well, now what to have for lunch?
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Its Friday! And Mrs BP survived the half term with only one nervous breakdown!

How are you?
      Its Friday, I have had the kids one morning and already heading for the nervous breakdown !
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I'm in shock having had Tuesday - Thursday off and having to do some actual thinking on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. That may be leading to a permie offer on more than I get contracting
        Nice. Apart from the permie bit, obviously.

Arrived in office to discover the end client UAT results we expected last Friday and were promised for Tuesday still haven't appeared.

edit - they have now and it looks like misunderstanding, misunderstanding and misunderstanding.
        'twas ever thus. Glad it's not just me though.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

You never know, I may be able to get a seat on the train on the way home next week when the little gits are back in skool.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Nice. Apart from the permie bit, obviously.

'twas ever thus. Glad it's not just me though.
            Beggars can't be choosers but at the amount being discussed I'm not complaining and its a total career change if it comes off.

As for the other stuff I'm now pulling their specification apart (the fact the first half of the spec doesn't reflect the second half is going to make the discussion fun).
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              Its Friday, I have had the kids one morning and already heading for the nervous breakdown !
              Mrs BP recommends gin. Not sure if it is for her or the kids though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                You never know, I may be able to get a seat on the train on the way home next week when the little gits are back in skool.
                Don't you just do that giant alien lizard roar and scare them all off?

Comment

That may be leading to a permie offer on more than I get contracting

When Greece implodes you will be grateful to be a permie.

Comment

I cycled 11 miles into work today - 11 mile cycle home later.

Comment

I also did a 4.5 mile run at lunchtime. It was tough - but I feel great now.

Comment

Working...
                      X