• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Now that would get my back up
    It certainly has mine

Also the pimp neglecting to tell me what my contract duration is, (over here you don't have a contract with the agency but with your payroll company). So I naturally assumed my contract was up next month.

Needless to say I will be updating my CV.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Only required two days on site next week

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

and the following

I don't mind missing out on the premier inn advance booking now

Comment

Byeee

Comment

Morning

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Sent pimp and e-mail asking for clarification on my actual contract end date and my notice period.

Thought it might be a subtle hint that I aint happy with the way they've handled things.
                Last edited by norrahe; 7 October 2011, 08:06.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

You go get 'em, kid.

Comment

Latest example of ZeitIncompetence:

New device programmer.

Purchased to program almost anything you can readily imagine.

And specifically a chip that one of the rather less esteemed customers wanted for his final year project (so that he could copy the software he'd found on the interweb thingie, naturally enough).

Never told him about it, so he had to cobble together some non functioning pile of PIC tulipe instead. (Hint: do not piss off the technician, it really doesn't pay).

So today, someone needs to program a chip using this device.

After much faffing about & software installation, the driver software couldn't find the device, but (invisibly) ran in demo mode.

Just to confuse I.

Tried to program device. Inscrutable error message results.

Turn off turn on again.

Same result.

Eventually found that in the tangle of usb leads, mouse leads, keyboard leads, and serial leads to a different programmer, Zeity had neglected to plug the new programmer's usb connection into the computer.

Zeity was not happy.

Comment

And whilst it may be very posh to wrap the damn thing in N layers of cardboard & polythene, it really doesn't do the ZeitBloodpressure much good when he's attempting to unwrap it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X