• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Comment

tragedy has stuck the household - I went to book my shopping slot last night and tesco were not taking bookings !

I'm going to have to visit the store. No doubt my darling wife will want to come, and that will increase the bill by £50 !

Comment

Doom has struck here too.

Sharp remote is dying.

Naturally enough, the code required is completely fecking different from the NEC code I already have.

Feck feck feckity feck.

Comment

Oh well.

I suppose I'd better decode the IR strings.

Ho fecking hum.

£46 for a new control.

Or £10 for a chinese copy.

Comment

Morning All
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Prawn cocktail - no contest.

You might want to consider chicken in a basket (make the basket out of something edible?). The classic 70's dish was steak (onion rings, peas, chips) as it were the height of sophistication, but can't see how you could do something fun with that as it is still so popular.
              Totally agree on the wine but a Thunderbird shandy may go down well?
              Mr Z suggests a Cinzano for drinks. With a cherry.
              Ignore him
              Hmm chicken in a basket......

I'm trying more for retro dinner party type faves. I may have to delve into some of the 70's cookbooks my mum gave me.

Cinzano
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                tragedy has stuck the household - I went to book my shopping slot last night and tesco were not taking bookings !

I'm going to have to visit the store. No doubt my darling wife will want to come, and that will increase the bill by £50 !
                The horror!

I prefer going in person to do the shopping.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  The horror!

I prefer going in person to do the shopping.
                  and I prefer not to spend the extra cash

Comment

I bought my mum some retro babycham glasses of the bay. they might be worth a punt

Comment

Morning all

Finally got some proper snow here, and everything's stopped running

Comment

Working...
                      X