• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a decision to take lightly as I'm also supporting Mr N currently.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Question: Project supposedly goes live in 4 weeks, my contract is up in 5.
      Do I stay or go?
      Is there a renewal to consider ?

Can you get things back on track, make a name for yourself and get different project ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Is there a renewal to consider ?

Can you get things back on track, make a name for yourself and get different project ?
        Yes, but at this moment in time, there is no way in hell I want to stay on here, it is chocolate teapot city.

I could only get things back on track if I was allowed to put the project on hold, rectify all the mistakes made, resource it properly, document it properly. the ex PM didn't even have a plan!!!!!

It's also being rolled out at the worst time of the year when people will not engage, it's also at a time when the user base are swamped with other projects (so not project scheduling).

I'm also doing 4 people's jobs atm and playing politics.

I mat just about get it live, but cannot guarantee the training roll out will get taken up.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The Tour of Britain 2010 just rolled past (downhill with the wind behind them in the rain & wind).

Exciting, it was not.

I'm sure that closing roads for hours & hours was really worthwhile.

Would have been ok(ish) if the weather was cooperating a bit more.

Comment

Afternoon all

Pottering around with Apache configs and other stuff I shouldn't be allowed to touch

Can only end in tears

Comment

Byeee

Comment

Morning all.

It takes ever such a long time to catch up on the overnight posts these days.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Byeee

A PALI and I never even noticed.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Pottering around with Apache configs and other stuff I shouldn't be allowed to touch
                      Snap

I was trying out a test install and needed to "amend" the config...

Still not working

Comment

Working...
                      X