• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored again Now.

Comment

Struggling to stay awake, atm.

Interview tomorrow at 3
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Gosh.

After 3 crashes, a blue screen of death or two, refusal to run the control panel, I've finally got this P90 to run a dos box in Win95.

I'm sure that uninstalling Norton helped a lot too.

Now it's reading the 16 analogue channels on the a2d card.

Allegedly.

Next is the construction of the 25W d to put some voltages on the thing.

Comment

Byeee

Comment

I'm cold.

Travelodge don't waste any money on heating. The tiny wall heater is on maximum and wouldn't defrost a tramp's socks.

But it might help if the window closed properly.

(And this hotel is a dump. Missing bulbs, filthy carpets, £5 per day to park (FFS), metal tape holding the carpet down, dirty linen in the corridors all day and night, no aerial for the telly, bedside 'thing' snapped off the wall leaving three holes, one towel, a shower that alternates between scalding and cold. Still, it has one good thing about it. It has reminded me why I don't like to stay in big chain hotels.)
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I hope you can find somewhere nicer for next week. You'll probably be able to find a nice B&B for a lot less
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

It is a bit hit and miss with travelodge. Some are as old as the hills and carpy to boot and some are not bad.

Hope you fare better next week.

On that note, i must take my weary head ff to bed and make amends for the paltry 3 hours I got last night.

Night All
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I once had to leave my bed during the middle of the night while staying at a hotel in Houston because a family from the Middle East tried to cook a whole sheep in their bath but only to succeed in burning down the entire hotel wing.

I cant imagine what it said on their itemized bill.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I'm cold.

Travelodge don't waste any money on heating. The tiny wall heater is on maximum and wouldn't defrost a tramp's socks.

But it might help if the window closed properly.

(And this hotel is a dump. Missing bulbs, filthy carpets, £5 per day to park (FFS), metal tape holding the carpet down, dirty linen in the corridors all day and night, no aerial for the telly, bedside 'thing' snapped off the wall leaving three holes, one towel, a shower that alternates between scalding and cold. Still, it has one good thing about it. It has reminded me why I don't like to stay in big chain hotels.)
                    Sounds like they've gone even further downhill since last I used them.

I kept a fan heater in the car in those days, for emergency use when the ice appeared inside the windows of the Travel Lodge.

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Working...
                      X