• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've come back from the doctor's.

I was in trouble for missing an appointment with the nurse that they didn't tell me about.

So they re-arranged it. I re-arranged it again 'cos I had a streaming head cold.

They have a new "patient self-checking in system" involving a touch-screen panel on the wall above a table. An old boy on sticks was helping a bloke in a wheelchair by pressing the buttons for him because they were too high to reach even if the table had not been in the way.

"Bloody stupid system" said the old boy on sticks to me as I waited while they struggled. "Not it's not" says I. "I think it is a very efficient way of spreading 'flu and heaven only knows what other diseases, having a touch screen panel in a doctor's waiting room."

His expression of disgust was priceless. The screen is already slimy.

So I self-check in and wait for ages and then go in to see the nurse to be told: "You need the cardiovascular clinic. I do those on Tuesday mornings."

So now I have to go back to see the same nurse next Tuesday because Tuesdays is the cardiovascular clinic. To-day we have naming of parts.

I went into Tesco's to buy a Scotch egg as compensation and 'cos I was hungry.

What do they put in the minced pork in Scotch eggs to make them as bad as they are? Presumably it is minced skin, brains, eyeballs and arse.

Still, I sign on this afternoon. So that will cheer me up. Not.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Presumably it is minced skin, brains, eyeballs and arse.
      That's four of your five-a-day.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

afternoon all

Just had a nice chicken & bacon wrap, followed by some thorntons toffee

Comment

been bounced for a role I got interviewed for week ago at a bank

Comment

I have however just applied for a "great" looking gig, agent called within 5 mins, strong CV - sent over with a view of a telephone interview ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              I have however just applied for a "great" looking gig, agent called within 5 mins, strong CV - sent over with a view of a telephone interview ASAP
              Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Good luck!
                WCS

Comment

Straight from the agents email

"I have now submitted your CV to my client for the role below – as soon as I get some feedback I will let you know – I think your CV looks great."

It would involve living away though

Comment

"I have now submitted your CV to my client for the role below – as soon as I get some feedback I will let you know – I think your CV looks great."

I've never had an agent comment on how good a CV looks, but this was the first time I've sent out my re-vamped one

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X