• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooooh I forgot to mention that we had a bit of a major leak under the sink last night

Comment

I just turned off all compiler warnings for log4net - don't tell anyone will you
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        ooooh I forgot to mention that we had a bit of a major leak under the sink last night
        Oh dear - how major?

Comment

the Y joint that teed off the cold water was leaking - one end was the Y was the dishwasher
          The other end was the outside tap

Comment

That reminds me, we've got a slow intermittent leak somewhere in the plumbing for the washing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              That reminds me, we've got a slow intermittent leak somewhere in the plumbing for the washing machine.
              Bit of PTFE tape or plumbers malt should fix that though.

Comment

the Y joint that teed off the cold water was leaking - one end was the Y was the dishwasher
                The other end was the outside tap
                The only solution was to remove the Y joint, disconnect the outside tap and put the cold water feed into the copper washing machine type fittings

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Bit of PTFE tape or plumbers malt should fix that though.
                  Once I can isolate it anyway.

Comment

The only solution was to remove the Y joint, disconnect the outside tap and put the cold water feed into the copper washing machine type fittings
                    Is this a temporary fix or will the outside tap remain out-of-use for the foreseeable future?

Comment

So I need to work a way of either getting a new copper Y joint (preferred solution)
                      or piping in somewhere else for the outside tap

Comment

Working...
                      X