• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I'm sick and tired of unpacking now
    then post some drivel instead!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Well, if I am going to have to go down, sure, it might be a good idea to have something to look forward to
      up

you always go up to LOndon. No doubt deliberate mistake so get smutty comments.

Comment

BrilloPad 10,320
        DS23 10,000
        zeitghost 9,848
        Diver 9,610
        BrowneIssue 8,524
        TheFaQQer 7,843
        cailin maith 7,132
        NickFitz 5,203

where is DS23?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          up

you always go up to LOndon. No doubt deliberate mistake so get smutty comments.
          Thats just bollocks... if I am up north and London is down south - surely I am going down to London....

You lot all just have filthy minds....
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Evening denizens

Much at the moment...

I'm just about sussing out what the grossly-underspecified thing I'm working on is actually supposed to do - another couple of days, and it should all be fine and dandy

Unfortunately, for reasons that haven't been adequately explained to me, the demo we have to give to the top brass has been brought forward to 11am tomorrow

One of them just stopped by my desk on his way out, saying how much he was looking forward to seeing it... I tried to dampen his enthusiasm somewhat by saying that I only hoped to have it working.

I don't think he really noticed that bit

Ah well, back to work

Comment

Right I'm off out..... to see the sugababes....
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Thats just bollocks... if I am up north and London is down south - surely I am going down to London....

Nope. Ask any train driver - the Up line is always the one going towards London, and the Down line is the one going away.

Not sure what they do about lines that go from, say, Glasgow to Edinburgh - I'll ask my train driver friend the next time I see him.

Comment

Right I'm off out..... to see the sugababes....
                  Remind me to tell you about the time they got between me and the coffee machine at work

Have fun

Comment

rubbish! you always go up to london cos it is the capital. and cos it is bigger. you always go up to the bigger place. hand me that paddle.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Evening denizens

Much at the moment...

I'm just about sussing out what the grossly-underspecified thing I'm working on is actually supposed to do - another couple of days, and it should all be fine and dandy

Unfortunately, for reasons that haven't been adequately explained to me, the demo we have to give to the top brass has been brought forward to 11am tomorrow

One of them just stopped by my desk on his way out, saying how much he was looking forward to seeing it... I tried to dampen his enthusiasm somewhat by saying that I only hoped to have it working.

I don't think he really noticed that bit

Ah well, back to work

good luck old chap.

Comment

Working...
                      X