• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night all, catch you tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Night all, catch you tomorrow...
      Night Zeity

Is that really the last TPD post since I was last here?

Ah well, in a hundred years we'll all be dead and none of it will matter

Comment

It's quiet in here tonight
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Many deep technical thoughts tonight about testpleasedelete.com, all of which make sense, and will lead to effective implementations of the necessary interfaces, both incoming and outgoing - it's HTTP and associated technologies that will win the day

And (sorry for shouting) NO SOAP!

All SOAP does is impose an exceedingly complex layer of stuff on top of what HTTP could do in the first place

When SOAP was first devised, I read all the relevant documents, and got into the XML-RPC-style of doing things (yes, I know XML-RPC and SOAP aren't the very same thing, but they are functionally equivalent), and I have to say, though I say it myself, that over the years I created some remarkable solutions for some very high-profile clients

But that was before I knew I was wrong - my solutions were correct, and they were even solving the right problems, but the problems themselves were the wrong problems - the same wrong problems that are, even as I type, being struggled with by people all over the world who know, inside themselves, that there must be a better way, but don't know what it is, and wouldn't be believed by their "superiors" if they discovered it, and explained it in the simplest terms

Anybody who works with wood will tell you that, for the most part, you should work with the grain.

The web is made of wood, and therein lies not only its strength, but also its resilience. Such things as SOAP and XML-RPC are attempts to treat it as if it's made of concrete sections, or nuts and bolts.

Oh, and BTW, this led directly to working out how to create a retrospective schedule of all the appearances of the Marching Band, including identifying who they've come out for, which tune they're playing, and who's booked them to play - because it hasn't been BI who's booked them every time

With the grain; that wins the day

And on that note I shall listen to some music from bands most of you are too young to have heard of, like Magazine, or the Comsat Angels

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
            It's quiet in here tonight
            Hi EO

Sorry for not saying hello earlier - I was writing my rant (above), and now I shall add insult to injury by saying goodnight

You've been posting here for a while

Night

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Hi EO

Sorry for not saying hello earlier - I was writing my rant (above), and now I shall add insult to injury by saying goodnight

You've been posting here for a while

Night
              Good night mate - sleep well
              The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

hi NF

thanks for doingmy page on testpleasedelete.com

didn't know i posted that early on TPD

pretty pathetic post though
                Married

Comment

morning all

Comment

morning all

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post