• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    stick with me! I will turn you into an investment banker yet...
    I'd have to have a scruplectomy first.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Nah, he's OK - I'll just have to fix up my preparser. It's already having to clear up enough silliness that another dodgy character to watch out for won't be a problem
      Would a wildcard on member's name be easier?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Showing off your new avatar?

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Thanks, but it wouldn't help much on a Linux server

I'll download the source of Richard Stallman's GNU-handwavery and recompile the kernel...
          You should have said. If you want open source handwavery, you need a copy of the penn+teller libraries.

(Either that or contact the genie in the LAMP)

Comment

Nah! you can grow flowers and sh!t in windows boxes

Windows box!

You should be genuinely ashamed of yourself for that one!

Comment

Should I mention here that today is the War Criminal's Avatar's birthday... he's 78...

Comment

Nah! you can grow flowers and sh!t in windows boxes
                One day, the continuous stationer printer by my desk screwed up and the paper came off the sprockets in the middle of my code listing. I muttered and cursed under my breath.

A very old colleague - with no sense of humour at all - muttered back "It's no good on toast either".

It was about 2 weeks later I worked that out.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Mrs Miggins' Pie Shoppe...
                  "Zis sausage looks like an 'orse's..."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Should I mention here that today is the War Criminal's Avatar's birthday... he's 78...
                    Should we be throwing polystyrene boxes in celebration?

Or singing about LSD?

Edit: boulders

Comment

The single huge advantage XHTML has over HTML is that XHTML can be parsed by anything (or any language) with an XML parser.
                      Yes, but the problem is that roughly 99% to 99.5% of the XHTML one encounters in the wild is not well-formed, so you can't actually parse it at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X