• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post in today's session was 81856. This should be 82070. Is that good or bad for a Saturday?
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Night all

Currently Active Users: 55 (9 members and 46 guests)
      View Who's Online
      BrowneIssue, chris79, Cliphead, daz1701d, dude69, ferret, freeprescriptionplanrrx, Hoxslotoutits, zeala

Good night, ferret!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        My first post in today's session was 81856. This should be 82070. Is that good or bad for a Saturday?
        Morally, neither.

HTH

Comment

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...

Comment

Around 1982 somebody played me an album that captivated my aesthetic sensibilities to such an extent that I bought it as soon as my then-limited funds would allow.

A year later I bought it again because I'd played it so often (anywhere between one and five times a day) on my crappy equipment that I'd worn it out. (A now-long-since-ex-girlfriend acquired the first copy.)

It came out on CD in the early 90s but soon vanished again - on Amazon there's a marketplace seller who wants £48 for it. I wasn't aware of it at the time.

This week I found and downloaded a torrent of the CD, and heard that beautiful music again for the first time in years.

There are those who would say that I'm a dirty thieving bastard for getting music via BitTorrent and The Pirate Bay, but the facts are:
            1. I bought the album on vinyl;
            2. I bought the album on vinyl again;
            3. If the album was available on CD I would buy it in a heartbeat (expensive "collectors' items" sold at ridiculous prices that don't add a penny to the artist's return don't count).

I don't think I'm screwing anybody over here... and it's even more beautiful than I remembered

YMMV, but if you're a lawyer for the music biz, I'll be expecting your clients to make the stuff I want legally available in the shops before I'll put up with you suing me for downloading it

And if you're Tim Blake... please get it released on CD again. It'll be the third time I've paid you royalties for New Jerusalem but I don't care, because you deserve every penny.

And that, ladies and gentleboings, is the reality of ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS - well, for me anyway
            Last edited by NickFitz; 17 February 2008, 05:10. Reason: I misspelt "suing" - what a twonk :-(

Comment

Can't you sleep Nick?
              The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                Can't you sleep Nick?
                zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

(I was watching Babylon 5, or I would have replied sooner )

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                  Can't you sleep Nick?
                  Can't you?

I do stay up very late when I'm at home

Anyway, if you're still there EO, Hello and Goodnight as I am now going to crash out.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Can't you?

I do stay up very late when I'm at home

Anyway, if you're still there EO, Hello and Goodnight as I am now going to crash out.

I'm working fella; for my sins

Take care, and sleep well
                    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Oh, one last thing: I've now secured my wifi against the depredations of the neighbours, but if the constant trundling and bleating sounds are anything to go by, the unicycling goat is probably still available for sale or hire.

PM me if you're in need of a unicycling goat that only responds to commands given in an obscure Azerbaijani dialect, and I'll pass the message along
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 17 February 2008, 05:37. Reason: How does one spell "Azerbaijani" anyway?

Comment

Working...
                      X