• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a cat?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Off to cuddle the cat now... if this pc will cooperate & shut itself down.

You have a cat?
      http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sit...ost+cuddle+cat

Do keep up

And no, Google, I didn't mean "zeitgeist"... do keep up, you pesky algorithms
      Last edited by NickFitz; 10 February 2008, 03:34. Reason: Pruning dross from URL

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        7. MPs paid the same as junior nurse. can serve only 2 terms as MP. elections every 4 years on the dot.
        MPs paid the same as if they were on the dole, for as long as there is actual (not statistical) unemployment greater than 0%.

Then they get the same as the most basic level of Old Age Pension.

That should get the Welfare State back into gear

(And yes, I will pay for it through taxation... why are people such selfish greedy bastards when it comes to contributing hard cash to build a better, caring society these days? They live in this society, don't they? Why do they want it to be tulip for others just so they can afford to fly to somewhere else and contemplate the emptiness of their existence and call it "a holiday"? )

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Where is the cheeky chimp

Sorry, they were keeping me busy

They do that at NewClientCorp... things are very efficient, meaning I'm actually utilised - during the halcyon days at ExClientCorp it often seemed that I was mainly there to keep the numbers on the project up, as they would have found it harder to get people re-allocated if the need arose rather than keeping the existing allocation just in case.

Hence I was very busy at the start of my time there, gaining more and more time for TPD as things moved on, until I could spend almost all my time here without anybody giving a damn

But tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis

Comment

Good Morning all

Sorry for shouting

Nobody hung over I trust
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Yesterday I re-piped the Radiators in the living room and dining room.
              They were installed originally above 6" Ogee skirting board, but we installed 7" Torus.

Comment

The pipes from the valves that ran beneath the rad were therefore too long/low and hung over the face of the skirting and thus had to be raised to lay along the top.

Comment

To do this I had to drain the CH system.
                  Cut the tube (10mm) and shorten the drop from the valves and the fall from the ceiling.
                  Then refill/pressure the system and add new inhibitor.
                  Looks really tidy now though.

Comment

Also had to switch the pipework to the washbasin in bathroom 1.
                    the plumbers apprentice had piped the bathroom and put the pipework the wrong way around. hot was on the right and cold on left.
                    I cut the tubes and soldered copper flexes in to cross the pipes and now have the hot on the left where it is supposed to be.

Comment

Put UPVC surround on the bathroom (1) window as well, because wife wanted it. she didn't like the reveals and sill tiled.

Comment

Working...
                      X