• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Real hardcore police brutality in that then...

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
      Ah I remember that one, it's on my shelf. A good read.
      Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      The Cuckoo's Egg is rather interesting, apart from the bits where he rhapsodises about sewing shirts...
      Yes, I'm looking forward to reading it again.

Isn't there a footnote with a recipe for cookies or something, too?

Comment

I love Foyles I once spent a whole afternoon in there.
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          And once more to have it put in a bag - which wasn't optional

Also, the books in any given category were arranged by publisher, with no further ordering imposed, meaning it could take an entire day to find what you were looking for

Sadly, once Christina Foyle died, they were able to change things - it's been extensively refurbished, stuff is arranged in a sensible way, and there's more than one till
          I think it's more than 25 years since my last visit; I suspect I won't be making another...

Comment

I'm currently undertaking some disk maintenance on naughty computer...

It blue screened IE earlier during a download, then went completely tits up during shutdown.

So far I've run scandisk in command line mode, disk cleanup in safe mode, scandisk and surface scan in command line mode, and I'm now running kaspersky in safe mode.

It's ever so much fun...

Comment

Isn't there a footnote with a recipe for cookies or something, too?
              Not too sure but I think the guy did like cookies, or his girlfriend make good cookies something like that.

I might have to re-read it, do you know any other good books of that ilk?
              That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Not too sure but I think the guy did like cookies, or his girlfriend make good cookies something like that.

I might have to re-read it, do you know any other good books of that ilk?
                Bruce Sterling's The Hacker Crackdown is quite good.

Comment

Bruce Sterling's The Hacker Crackdown is quite good.
                  I have it

That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

I think I might have to go book shopping again, I can spend lots on books, is it just me?
                    That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

I think I might have to go book shopping again, I can spend lots on books, is it just me?
                      There's a Borders just by the Sainsbury's where I shop. I try to avoid the temptation to "just pop in" when I'm there as I inevitably end up spending at least £60. This happens even when I go in for one specific item

Comment

Working...
                      X