• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also drinking lots of water, which helps I think.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      I'm also drinking lots of water, which helps I think.
      Yep - 2 litres a day.....
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Keep thinking about quitting myself but never the right time ???

Comment

I quit while I was on holiday Xmas before last. I was too chilled to be grumpy and just carried on not smoking when I got back.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Quitting smoking sucks, it's true.
            One of the hardest things I have done but well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              At the risk of seeming to want to contradict everything you say tonight,

the 2 litres of water a day I read was complete rubbish. It was based on a flawed american study and the human body needs 2 litres of moisture per day, but the form that it comes in does not matter, it does not need to be water. Although, bear in mind that 2 litres of alcohol will dehydrate you more than it adds moisture.

We'll find something to agree on at some point soon.

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post

Keep thinking about quitting myself but never the right time ???
                If you ain't ready, you ain't ready.

You'll need some form of motivator on your side to help combat the nicotine addiction.

It took me 20 years to find my motivator and then about 3 or 4 hard months between that and the final ciggie.

My mother-in-law just woke up one day and said "Enough. No man can tell me what to do and it's men getting rich from me buying cigarettes so I'll stop now". Mind you, she's a mentalist, hyper-feminist battle-axe with the will power of a hormonal rhino, so it was easy for her.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Is the hangover over now?

Comment

Quitting smoking sucks, it's true.
                    last fag 22nd DEc 1989

Comment

Thats a good idea - quitting on holiday (when your nice and chilled).

Everytime I try and quit it goes fine for a few days then a couple of
                      drinks and away we go again

Comment

Working...
                      X