• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the stats don't lie - isn't that some kind of modern pop song?

Comment

i seem to recall some floozy shaking her wobbly bits to something like that.

Comment

just the one more?

Comment

don't mind if i do. how about you?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            you'd think we would have it down to a fine art by now. and maybe bear has.
            One's technology helps. I post from my laptop which takes a minimum of 7 seconds to respond to a refresh or post to CUK.

This makes timing impossible for the '000 posts - there is no way you can do a refresh, see the list of posts, switch to a prepared message and submit it without having five others get in there first.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

why not? hmm talking to myself again.

Comment

Evening denizens

The Super Monkey Car has delivered me safely through the rain and spray unto my humble abode

I suppose I'd better go back and see what I've missed... or I could get my dinner

Comment

or a splendid piece of tpd timing.
                  Since Bear has not re-appeared, I think we can be confident you are right and that it was a nicely timed snipe.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    One's technology helps. I post from my laptop which takes a minimum of 7 seconds to respond to a refresh or post to CUK.

This makes timing impossible for the '000 posts - there is no way you can do a refresh, see the list of posts, switch to a prepared message and submit it without having five others get in there first.
                    In addition, when many are posting it tends to cause a bottleneck with the database, so even with a very fast connection (I think I'm nominally on about 8Mb at home) it all becomes unpredictable. That's how I got the 33333 by accident, although I'm still not sure if TheFaQQer believes me

Comment

mind you the stats don't lie. who has the most? i guess we will never know.
                      I keep promising myself I will write something to download all of TPD, but I spend too much time posting here to do anything so constructive!

I am going to get such a shock when I get a contract and have to spend all day at work.

Comment

Working...
                      X