• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    MrsF's best friend sort of gave her some grief for "giving up" - I could have cheerfully killed her for some of the comments she made. She kept banging on about how much milk she'd produced when her girls were born etc. etc.

Unfortunately, MrsF wouldn't let me point out that her kids are all REALLY, REALLY, REALLY UGGGGLLLEEEYYYY!!! Tempting as it was just to say "yeah, but look how they turn out if you breastfeed..." I was not allowed to.

Another friend had their second child 10 days after DD2 and had problems - she got a load of grief from a couple of midwives in the hospital, which I thought was a bit off really. Luckily, our health visitor said that we knew what we were doing with DD2, and didn't even suggest "one more try" or anything like that.

With DD1, MrsF was crying the whole time she tried to feed, and I wasn't prepared to watch her put herself through that again with DD2.
    Some friend! I would have said the "yeah, but look how they turn out if you breastfeed..." comment anyway - I am like that. I suppose she thought she was trying to help.

Midwives usually worst. I took the twins to see the baby 2 hours after the birth. Some midwife tried to stop me - "they are not her children". Lucky she backed done as I would have thumped her.

Thats the second time I have have nearly hit a woman - the first was a security guard who tried to stop me joining the f4j PRFD demo. She saw sense too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sockpuppet;417910Dude, you need help. I mean you seriously need to work on your technique....

I'll give you 9.5 for effort and a 10 for style but 3 on the playing hard to get stakes. You need to keep some mystery back.
      [/QUOTE]

I am a troll

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Tempting as it may seem, I'll go and see my wife and kids.
        You have no idea what you are missing. Well neither do I. Details are sketchy at best

Your wife will understand.

"Er...yes. I went to get battered with some young guy from the internet".

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Pfft. Far too much adult talk in here tonight.

Feelings, relationships, marriage, kids?

Sockpuppet in "out of my league" mode.

good point. Shall we discuss the weather? or that piece of fluff on the carpet over there? price of fish?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I am a troll
            At least you are an amusing troll

I remember when you were knee high to 5,000 posts...seems like only a few days ago....ah those were the days.

Comment

I worked very near the Canada Water tube once - for a small company. I was a spare room of one of the director's flat. Went to that big tesco for breakfast.

It was Aland court. I will see if I can look it up.

There is a big hotel near there i think?
              I walk past the Tesco to get to the tube. Had to go and buy some pillows there tonight, as I still hadn't got round to getting one yet.

I still sleep in a sleeping bag, as I can't be bothered to bring a duvet down from home, and won't buy another one.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                Chinese take-away. The bestest we've found in this city.

I normally have sweet 'n' sour chicken balls but had the chicken curry instead. So instead of my usual egg fried rice I had plain boiled rice.

The Missus had fried chicken in sweet orange sauce with soft fried noodles.

They threw in prawn crackers for free (see: even the Chinese won't eat them) plus a few jasmine tea tea bags 'cos he likes us.

We shared rice and noodles.

As usual, we stuffed ourselves stupid and still had only eaten 2/3rds of it.

Yumski!
                why did you tell me that! I had a zero syn dinner!

Comment

good point. Shall we discuss the weather? or that piece of fluff on the carpet over there? price of fish?
                  Nah, I'm just going to squeeze out the jokes that I couldn't use at the other times of the week because people might have been listening.

They're not that good.

Comment

At least you are an amusing troll

I remember when you were knee high to 5,000 posts...seems like only a few days ago....ah those were the days.
                    I remember when all of this was green fields.

Comment

Nah, I'm just going to squeeze out the jokes that I couldn't use at the other times of the week because people might have been listening.

They're not that good.
                      CM caught me posting jokes once. apparently she is not keen. she will have a and be . you will get a

Comment

Working...
                      X