• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Thank your lucky stars that Phil just liked golden rain...

It could have been much worse...

Well done!
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Been trying to understand the jumper settings on a motherboard.

It's got about 97 different ones.
      158456325028528675187087900672 combinations? That'll keep you amused.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Hi AtW

Come to increase your post count with some drivelling?

<- manly

Comment

It does come as rather a shock when one's lady is more perverse than oneself....
          A pleasant surprise, up to a point

Comment

Ok. 97 was an exaggeration, there are 14 jumpers... does that make 14! combinations?

I can't remember.
            Assuming they're either on or off, it would be 2^14, which is of course 16384

Comment

Ok. 97 was an exaggeration, there are 14 jumpers... does that make 14! combinations?

I can't remember.
              A jumper is effectively a switch: either on or off.

So it it is 2 possibilities x 2 possibilities x 2 possibilities ... 14 times.

So 2^14. = 16,384

Comment

Nah.

It's 2^14... 16K
                Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Assuming they're either on or off, it would be 2^14, which is of course 16384
                Ah, you beat me to it

Comment

Looks like it's turning into a chorus-of-the-powers-of-2 evening in TPD

Comment

Professor Heinz Wolff got such a thing wrong when I was about 12 on The Great Egg Race on TV.

A team had to produce a doorlock. Theirs had ten matches that could either be short or long which, when inserted correctly would allow the lock to open.

2 possibilities, ten times = 2^10 = 1024.

Professor Heinz Beanz said it was 10 factorial.

I was jumping up and down on the sofa saying he as wrong; my big bruvvas agreed that he could not possibly be wrong 'cos he's a Professor and on the TV.

Arrogant fake-German ignorant twat.
                    Last edited by BrowneIssue; 20 December 2007, 18:40. Reason: Stoopid trypo

Comment

14! is 8.71e10

I rather like the fact that, when you copy a result from the Mac's Calculator and paste it into a text field, it automatically puts the commas in for you - assuming your locale is one where commas are appropriate, of course

Comment

Working...
                      X