• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Its more that I have ever had
    I had a free pint and a sarnie once.

Since then I've gone direct.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Right I'm going home
      Bye angel

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I never quite understood why 1 is not prime - is it cos divisible only by 1 and itself - and 1 and 1 does not make sense?

Comment

and was there a post numbered 0 ?
          Yes, but I deleted it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I would think that 11 would be the first true palindrome - does a single digit count? More research needed, I think....
            Yes, a single digit number is classed as a palindrome.

Therefore 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 are all palindromic. sas obviously got the lowest one, but zeity, mcquiggd and TLG also got the shortest palindromes.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              No.

Shalln't.

And you can't make me.

can't

(a touch harsh, but fair )
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I never quite understood why 1 is not prime - is it cos divisible only by 1 and itself - and 1 and 1 does not make sense?
                The number 1 is a special case which is considered neither prime nor composite (Wells 1986, p. 31). Although the number 1 used to be considered a prime (Goldbach 1742; Lehmer 1909; Lehmer 1914; Hardy and Wright 1979, p. 11; Gardner 1984, pp. 86-87; Sloane and Plouffe 1995, p. 33; Hardy 1999, p. 46), it requires special treatment in so many definitions and applications involving primes greater than or equal to 2 that it is usually placed into a class of its own. A good reason not to call 1 a prime number is that if 1 were prime, then the statement of the fundamental theorem of arithmetic would have to be modified since "in exactly one way" would be false because any n=n.1. In other words, unique factorization into a product of primes would fail if the primes included 1. A slightly less illuminating but mathematically correct reason is noted by Tietze (1965, p. 2), who states "Why is the number 1 made an exception? This is a problem that schoolboys often argue about, but since it is a question of definition, it is not arguable." As more simply noted by Derbyshire (2004, p. 33), "2 pays its way [as a prime] on balance; 1 doesn't."

HTH

Comment

Bugger, Mrs PRC wants me to go and watch Hugh Fearnly Whatsisface breed chickens.

All because I said I'd quite like a couple of chickens in the garden.

Comment

I thought that was FaQs ?
                    It is, but as long as everyone keeps visiting, I don't care who advertises the links
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Bump.

I posted in the other thread and this wasn't top any more.

Comment

Working...
                      X