• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what the weather is like - I work in "the dungeon"

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I have no idea what the weather is like - I work in "the dungeon"

There is very very little natural light here - though it was worse at my old desk. There I needed a SAD light to stop me getting pyschpathic.

Comment

At my desk now I can see a window if I rotate 180 degrees.

Comment

I just looked round - I cant see the sky but there is no sunlight. It looks very murky out there.

Comment

The permies have gone to Starbucks now - so that is 5 minutes with no coding errors then.

Comment

rofl - ace! You have a very "sense of humour" to me.

Mind you, all the permies go to Starbucks. The contractors go to a cheapo coffee shop. I always say I cant afford Starbucks...
              I take a packed lunch to work and a flask of coffee. I say I can't afford tea-bar prices.

Eventually they spot me getting out of the car. That results in comments: "Was that YOUR car??? I thought you were badly paid??? And who was the woman in it and does your wife know???"

"My car? I haven't had a car since the 1980s - I don't approve of them on environmental grounds. That ostentatious limo is the wife's car. You know, that tall, chesty, natural blonde that was driving it."

Phuckin' YES. Sometimes I LOVE MY LIFE.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I have to find a nationwide in a while - pay in the kids christmas money.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  I take a packed lunch to work and a flask of coffee. I say I can't afford tea-bar prices.

Eventually they spot me getting out of the car. That results in comments: "Was that YOUR car??? I thought you were badly paid??? And who was the woman in it and does your wife know???"

"My car? I haven't had a car since the 1980s - I don't approve of them on environmental grounds. That ostentatious limo is the wife's car. You know, that tall, chesty, natural blonde that was driving it."

Phuckin' YES. Sometimes I LOVE MY LIFE.
                  sounds a good plan - xfer car to the gf then say my carbon emission has gone down alot...

Comment

Just heard a whisper at ClientCo - they are recruiting an Indian for my team. To join the other 15 developers. Will be based in India. This should be fun...

Comment

Just heard a whisper at ClientCo - they are recruiting an Indian for my team. To join the other 15 developers. Will be based in India. This should be fun...

I have been expecting this for 2 years - all the developers hired in that time have been idiots. Well the permie ones anyway...

Comment

Working...
                      X