• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    TV is overrated anyway, stay here with us
    What he said!
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Now he can retire and live on the Family allowance and Child support
      IT sales, actually. And it was the 1980s so he was taking his pay home in a wheelbarrow every day.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        We've not had a telly since 2001, as I keep saying!

When we go visiting I am not only appalled at the quality of the programmes, but the picture quality has me puzzled. It is often like video tape quality and sometimes as Zeity says above.

I had assumed I was recalling stuff through rose-tinted memory specs.

Seemingly not. Telly's gone completely daffodils.
        Yer just too tight to pay the license fee, admit it
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          IT sales, actually. And it was the 1980s so he was taking his pay home in a wheelbarrow every day.
          Same as today then really

Comment

I'm all alone again

Rain is lashing down
            6½ hours later and it is still doing so here. It is bouncing off the windows.

Brrrrr!

Comment

Just going to pour myself a cuppa, back in a mo

Comment

Or working outside
                The bin men are due about now. I must go and gloat...

Comment

Back again Tea in hand

Comment

Yer just too tight to pay the licence fee, admit it
                    Plus the Radio Times plus the TV & video rental. It came to quite a bit.

I'm also puzzled by the adverts for idiot lanterns in the sales:

"40% off - £700!"

HOW MUCH??? It's only a goggle-box, FFS.

Comment

Same as today then really
                      I once took a call:

"Hello Fred from Scroggitt's here. We were thinking, we could do with a bigger computer. How much is one of those ME29 thingies?"

He went on to buy that mainframe.

I - being only a grunt - did not get a look in. The salesman that filled the form in probably got a six week tropical holiday, a new car and a house extension.

Comment

Working...
                      X