• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just off back to garage - move on washing...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      I don't like port
      It can be an acquired taste - but once you've had a good one (and a bad one is bloody awful) - you acquire it pretty damn quick.

Especially on a cold, windy dark January Friday night, curled up on the sofa with the missus and the fire on...

Or a gathering of friends after a good evening and a nice meal when the cheese 'n' biccies come out...

Or on a cruise when the Merkins are troughing their cream desserts, you genteelly sipping port...

Port isn't a drink. It's liquid luxury.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        just off back to garage - move on washing...
        It never ends, especially with little ones

Comment

http://www.vintagewinegifts.co.uk/cg...FQ93MAodSm64Og

6.Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port 1945 £799.97

From the amazing 1945 vintage, this wonderful port is sweet, rich and well balanced with a beautiful colour and classic nose. Drink now - 2011. A super gift! The best vintage port made last century and bottled in 1947. This vintage port is shipped in a deluxe silk lined hinged presentation box with four wine accessories (corkscrew, wine pourer, drip stopper & wine stopper) [worth £14.99] at no extra cost.

£800!!!!!!!!!!!!

wish I had not drunk it now!

If you had not drunk it then, would you now at £800? Would you have EVER got to experience it?

Anyway, it is people like you supping the occasional bottle that makes the price of the others go up!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Next targets are all current posters so probably uncatchable.
            Not necessarily. Look at my joining date.

Dedication.

Dedication's what you need.

Comment

thank you kind sir - are there century bananas tonight?
              Might be ...

Comment

I do like port - but am teetotal so rarely drink. I used to go to Southebys in 93/94 to buy port with a m8. Next time I go I'm going to send a bottle to BrowneIssue!

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Not necessarily. Look at my joining date.

Dedication.

Dedication's what you need.

if you want to be a record breaker?

so make like Roy Castle?

Comment

Well done!
                    thank you kind Sir! If I had any port left I would send you a bottle...

Comment

Anyway, it is people like you supping the occasional bottle that makes the price of the others go up!
                      So its all my fault? have you been talking to the gf?

Comment

Working...
                      X