• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have a bag of prawn crackers from last night

They could be handy if I meet a certain lady I often run into on New Year's Eve...

Not that she needs prawn crackers to get her back to my lair, but at least she'd have a choice of things to nibble on

Comment

Wonder what the pub will be like...

It's free (unlike some dives that charge for the privilege of being crammed in like cattle and deafened by chavtunes) but advance-ticket-only...

Somehow it still always finishes up being a load of people you haven't seen in there the rest of the year.

I suppose their friends get them tickets.

Comment

The pub never normally has (nor needs) any door staff, but the owners get one in for NYE...

Right obnoxious git last year - I actually complained to the landlord (well, manager) about his attitude to the group of young(er) people going in ahead of me.

Unfortunately, if the owners tell him he's got this bloke on the door, there's not a lot he can do about it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I still have a bag of prawn crackers from last night

They could be handy if I meet a certain lady I often run into on New Year's Eve...

Not that she needs prawn crackers to get her back to my lair, but at least she'd have a choice of things to nibble on
          Is CM going to be there?

Comment

Still, having some bonehead acting like Genghis Khan outside the front door is a small price to pay for the lack of chavs, I suppose.

They swarm out of the estates at this time of year... ghastly people who believe that any extreme of behaviour is justifiable on the grounds of "He were just 'avin' a laugh" and "It's New Year, innit?"

That or "He were lookin' at me"

Comment

Today, 17:31 #57575
              NickFitz
              Super poster

Nice pali!

Comment

What I can't stand about New Year is wishing everyone a happy one, when you couldn't give a toss about them normally. Oh, and all the vomit.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  BZZZZZT!

And your challenge is?

Repetition, Nicholas.

Correct. One point.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    What I can't stand about New Year is wishing everyone a happy one, when you couldn't give a toss about them normally. Oh, and all the vomit.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MOOSE!!

<vomits on moose>

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                      Is CM going to be there?
                      I believe she has other plans

Comment

Working...
                      X