• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Bollox we should - if he wants it, he needs to make sure he's around for it.

hear hear.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I accidentally tried to post the same joke twice in the joke thread the other day - it said you need to wait 5 minutes. Told me I had not copied from my notepad!

I have PMed ferret to try to get a "definite" answer - but would not blame him if he did not reply!

Seems to me that, following your logic above, anything interspacing a conversation is annoying - even another conversation. Zeity usually posts in his own dream world - would make no difference if a number or the reading from his thermometer. There are a few people on these boards who get upset by others. I thought this thread was about drivel - not about conversations?

<runs off to find some little known facts on septic tanks>
      I see it as being the closest thing we have to an IRC channel. A lot of people do get upset with each other on this board and enjoy upsetting people - my understanding is that it doesn't go on in here.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Morning denizens

My, we have been busy this morning (for certain values of "busy").

Congrats on the 55000 DS23

Nice pali OS - but commiseration to Jog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Some of which can be quite surprising, like the "lady" with a fine pair, who turned out not to be any kind of lady at all...
          Well, not yet

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

My, we have been busy this morning (for certain values of "busy").

Congrats on the 55000 DS23

Nice pali OS - but commiseration to Jog
            Morning and thanks
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I accidentally tried to post the same joke twice in the joke thread the other day - it said you need to wait 5 minutes. Told me I had not copied from my notepad!

I have PMed ferret to try to get a "definite" answer - but would not blame him if he did not reply!

Seems to me that, following your logic above, anything interspacing a conversation is annoying - even another conversation. Zeity usually posts in his own dream world - would make no difference if a number or the reading from his thermometer. There are a few people on these boards who get upset by others. I thought this thread was about drivel - not about conversations?

<runs off to find some little known facts on septic tanks>
              TPD used to be pure drivel based. Now it's a bit more of a chat room environment. I don't think there is a definitive answer - my feeling was that EC was disrupting more than just TPD, and it was a pre-emptive strike before it went too far. I think it could have been LMI or Duder, but not sure.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well the figures are in for said website:

Adsense clicks - $4.10
                Affiliate sales - $19.48

Total revenue - $23.58

Unique visitors - 91

Value per visitor - $0.26

New Years resolution - SEO this one and get the others performing the same and build more

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  It's so much better than reality, I find...
                  So you do talk to us mortals occasionally then! wow...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    I see it as being the closest thing we have to an IRC channel. A lot of people do get upset with each other on this board and enjoy upsetting people - my understanding is that it doesn't go on in here.
                    Indeed - TPD is the happy place. Anything deliberate that disrupts the status quo (e.g. thread deletion, too much swearing that might result in moderation, etc.) should be strongly discouraged - TPD is a self-policing state, though, so there is very little or no outside moderation.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      TPD used to be pure drivel based. Now it's a bit more of a chat room environment. I don't think there is a definitive answer - my feeling was that EC was disrupting more than just TPD, and it was a pre-emptive strike before it went too far. I think it could have been LMI or Duder, but not sure.
                      Didn't he admit to being DBAbloke?

Comment

Working...
                      X