• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

initial thoughts are good. everything looks easy to use - not so tricky or different from microsoft.

Comment

correction. logitech mouse. funky little thing with a usb adapter that lives inside the mouse when not in use.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        initial thoughts are good. everything looks easy to use - not so tricky or different from microsoft.
        If you're used to Windows then you'll find most things work as expected. Once you start experimenting a little, you'll find that there's usually an OS X way of doing the same thing that's even easier/more intuitive/less annoying

Even now, after using OS X since about 2002, I occasionally think "Shouldn't you be able to do that such-and-such a way?"

It always seems to turn out that you can

A dig through the archives at http://www.macosxhints.com/ will probably prove a useful way of spending some of your free time over the next few days - it's one of the few websites I've visited almost every week for years, and I usually learn something new.

I would suggest caution about using third-party utilities that claim to "improve" the behaviour of core OS stuff like the Dock or the Finder - Apple doesn't make much effort to support such hackery (although they don't deliberately set out to break things, contrary to what the paranoid imbeciles of Slashdot might think), and it's always things like that that cause breakage when OS updates come around.

Comment

Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he/she
          is supposed to be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            If you're used to Windows then you'll find most things work as expected. Once you start experimenting a little, you'll find that there's usually an OS X way of doing the same thing that's even easier/more intuitive/less annoying ....
            it's what i'm hoping for. looks like i'm going to be satisfied too. the wireless is working an absolute treat. very fast to set up and connect (at least once i'd worked out the password i setup)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Currently watching CSI Miami from a fortnight ago...
              the gf just loves CSI - but only the original! There are 7 series so 14 boxed sets - I got her 2 yesterday. Her set now complete!

Comment

for sure this is a faster machine than my old one but my goodness it is speed of thought fast.

Comment

evening all

Comment

now the 30 sec rule could get really annoying!

Comment

got any more genesis extracts for us andrew?

Comment

Working...
                      X