• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Quite restful, though.

I was in Stonehenge at midnight once, just a few candles here and there and some people gently drumming or playing bodhrans - autumn equinox eve 1987, IIRC.

There weren't many of us there, but it was conducive of a contemplative state of mind.

Sometimes slow is good
    Slow is often good...

Surely if you wanted rest you'd be in bed or you'd have your feet up in front of the box.
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
      Slow is often good...

Surely if you wanted rest you'd be in bed or you'd have your feet up in front of the box.
      I have my feet up in front of TPD - it's as good as anything on the box

Although I'm just about to eat my supper whilst listening to some Bach cantatas, so if I don't see you later, good night

Comment

BTW, EO, how come you're here so late? Are you a test run of somebody's flirtbot 2.0 Beta, or just up late?

Just curious

Comment

Major aggro down the FMB bar tonight - not something one often sees there

I was standing outside chatting to the doormen when it all kicked off. They went belting inside, and after about half-a-minute one returned to the door with a miscreant held very firmly around the throat, arms pinned at their side.

Having been ejected onto the pavement, this person (miscreant #1) then started heaping abuse, vilification and threats upon said doorman, centering mainly about the proposition of stabbing and killing him.

Then the second miscreant to need involuntary ejection from the premises was introduced onto the street by another doorman. This one was so eager to attack with murderous intent that miscreant #1 ended up holding them back whilst continuing to bellow death threats.

At one point miscreant #1 was struggling so hard to restrain miscreant #2 that they both fell over backwards in front of a car. Unfortunately the driver stopped before hitting them.

Having helped each other up, #2 immediately flew at the doormen again and was again dragged back by #1. This was when the doormen decided enough was enough and called the Police

Making the best of of a difficult situation, miscreants #1 and #2 headed off up the road (still shouting threats and abuse), although one of them decided to top things off by doing a martial-arts-style reverse-kick which smashed one of the toughened glass front windows of the place so badly it almost collapsed on the spot.

They were apprehended by Police a few minutes later outside a nearby chip shop, thanks to the miracle of walkie-talkies and an active network of doormen exchanging information all round the area.

Did I mention that miscreants #1 and #2 were both young women around the age of 20?

Ho hum...

Comment

BTW, EO, how come you're here so late? Are you a test run of somebody's flirtbot 2.0 Beta, or just up late?

Just curious
            Neither, sadly... Working mate
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
              Neither, sadly... Working mate
              Bummer

Anyway, this J S Bach chap is a real barrel of laughs, but it's definitely time I crashed out. Don't work too hard

Comment

Did I mention that miscreants #1 and #2 were both young women around the age of 20?

Ho hum...
                Good grief...

Comment

Bummer

Anyway, this J S Bach chap is a real barrel of laughs, but it's definitely time I crashed out. Don't work too hard
                  I do try not to

Take care

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    Implausible as it may seem, I Googled, got raspberried by Mr Rude, tried Little Miss Naughty and ... she locked up my browser!

Naughty Little Miss Naughty!

(How and WTF did they code that?)
                    oh dear. sorry about that brownei. she works for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      you blatantly posting one post after another, this ain't discussion!!!
                      how else are we supposed to do it?

Comment

Working...
                      X