• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Trust me - if you like meat then GBK will sort you out good and proper. The only other place that holds a candle to it is Fuzzy's grub and I don't think they're open in the evening
    It looks like the nearest one is in the opposite direction to where I'm headed - Covent Garden is my stamping ground during the week.

But thank you for the heads up; I shall have to enquire of my colleagues as to their opinions, for they are more knowledgeable concerning the food-related emporia of Soho than myself.

But they've all gone now.

Comment

The thing I dislike about so many of these places is the way they look at you as if you're mad when you ask for whatever-it-may-be with no salad. They ask you about three times if you really mean it, then probably just automatically start putting it on anyway, so you have to shout at them, and they shake it off, but it's too late - the bread has been contaminated with the vile flavour and after forcing down a couple of mouthfuls I end up throwing the rest in the bin.

Food service people of the world, listen very carefully:

I DON'T EAT BLOODY SALAD!!!

Comment

And don't even get me started on mayonnaise.

Comment

Salad is good for you. Totally tasteless, but good for you.

Comment

Why is it that it's impossible to buy a sandwich that consists of two bits of bread with meat between them - no mayonnaise, no coleslaw, no sodding salad, just bread, meat, and bread, like nature intended

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Why is it that it's impossible to buy a sandwich that consists of two bits of bread with meat between them - no mayonnaise, no coleslaw, no sodding salad, just bread, meat, and bread, like nature intended
              Butter?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyW View Post
                Totally tasteless
                That statement is not correct. Salad, in all its various forms, has a flavour so vile as to bring me close to vomiting.

I have already referred above to the acrid stench of lettuce...

Comment

I love salad.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyW View Post
                    Butter?
                    I tolerate it, although usually I'd prefer not. I never use it on sandwiches I make for myself.

Comment

Have you tried Fuzzy's yet Nick? There's one in Pall Mall if you fancy it sometime soon (with a beer to wash it down)

It's a full Sunday Roast in;- a bap, a (sorry) salad, or on its own. It's very much a city thing but luckily for us there is one in the west end

http://www.fuzzysgrub.com/

Let me know - I'm in Bond Street
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X