• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am off to wagamama at 11:50 - beat the rush
    meeting my boss at previous bank

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Ham and tomato sandwich, with mustard.

It's my favourite.
      Today is too cold for sandwiches. I'm off for a pub lunch.

Oh, and hello all

Comment

Ooohhh, goody

Wandering round the intranet wiki, I've just found the technical documentation for one of ClientCorp's coolest products!

Lots to read...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          meeting my boss at previous bank
          always good to network - he might offer me a job for more money...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I've spent many happy hours wandering around clients' intraweb thingies...

One can find useful(?) tools therein sometimes...
            I used to set my laptop doing a search on the "Junk" drive where I used to work - looking for MP3s, movies and pictures.

I found lots of interesting things then, too
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Ooohhh, goody

Wandering round the intranet wiki, I've just found the technical documentation for one of ClientCorp's coolest products!

Lots to read...
              Source code! Dear God, source code!

Oh joy, oh bliss!

Comment

Not forgetting the odd 6502 or two...
                ... with the JMP indirect bug of blessed memory

I actually got caught by that when writing a sprite routine on the BBC Micro. The confusing thing was that, if one inserted a bit of code to help one debug the inexplicable crashing, it moved the instruction and therefore the processor bug stopped being triggered and the code worked perfectly. So one takes out the debug code, and it starts crashing again

Comment

And for some reason we have shedloads of 6522 VIA chips...
                  The Beeb had two of those...

Plus a supply of 6845 CRT controllers and 6843 FDC.
                  ... and a 6845 CRTC - also found in the Amstrad CPC range. You could make them do strange things if you set certain timing registers to bizarre (but specific) values midway through a frame scan

Comment

I found the source code for an alarm system written in FORTH at one place.

Couldn't be arsed to look at it though.
                    I used to write a lot of FORTH, even getting paid for it - I think it still qualifies as my all-time favourite language

I implemented FORTH on the Atari ST (68000 assembler). Indirect-threaded, because there wasn't actually any performance gain using direct-threaded. The real win was to keep the top of stack in a data register... although looking back, I sometimes wonder if an address register would have been more optimal for many applications...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      ... with the JMP indirect bug of blessed memory

I actually got caught by that when writing a sprite routine on the BBC Micro. The confusing thing was that, if one inserted a bit of code to help one debug the inexplicable crashing, it moved the instruction and therefore the processor bug stopped being triggered and the code worked perfectly. So one takes out the debug code, and it starts crashing again
                      And that's why you don't debug or test things!

It compiles - ship it.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X