• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diver
    Total Posts: 5,750 (32.19 posts per day)
    Find all posts by Diver
    Find all threads started by Diver
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Probably irregular low paid jobs, which generate a lack of self esteem, which generates an urge to belittle others, to make themselves feel more important.
      Well I'm not the highest paid contractor in the world, nor am I the most self-assured, but my mum didn't drag me up to treat people like that. Where the hell do they get off? I know 'it's only a bulletin board' at the end of the day, and you'll always get trolls (sorry Troll), but what complete %£^&*$&£$ planks.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Hi folks. There's a poll in General needs your attention
        Specifically in General?
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          off to lakeside so kids can see father XMAS. And buy outfit for my son who is a sausage in the school play!
          Is a satisfactory explanation even remotely possible?
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            A somewhat belated

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              Well I'm not the highest paid contractor in the world, nor am I the most self-assured, but my mum didn't drag me up to treat people like that. Where the hell do they get off? I know 'it's only a bulletin board' at the end of the day, and you'll always get trolls (sorry Troll), but what complete %£^&*$&£$ planks.
              Many of us say things in jest that can be misconstrued as malicious, I myself have done so, to my eternal shame and utter embarrassment.
              Some of the comments/post's that were aired in general yesterday, could be considered unintentionally malicious.
              Some people however were clearly intent on posting malicious comments.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                So where is everybody?

Surely they can't all have gone off to watch the handbag-waving in General...
                Specifically in General?

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Specifically in General?
                  Are you running dry on drivel

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Many of us say things in jest that can be misconstrued as malicious, I myself have done so, to my eternal shame and utter embarrassment.
                    Some of the comments/post's that were aired in general yesterday, could be considered unintentionally malicious.
                    Some people however were clearly intent on posting malicious comments.
                    I know - in txt we can be easily mis-read, and a lot of the spats are just misunderstandings. See my addendum to the post in General for what really wound me up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Whatever happens, those of us who were not here at the start can't win.

You get told off for banter in General (specifically), and told to take it to TPD. You post in TPD and then people moan that "TPD isn't as good as it used to be - there are too many people in there" (Yes, Xen and wendigo, I mean you!!).

So, what is one supposed to do? Those that want the board as it was, really should set their own up and not allow anyone else in. Things change and move on. The attraction of a forum is that people can join, post, discuss, etc. and this may not be in a style that you are used to, or even like. However, that is the nature of the internet, and fora in particular. I never used to post anything in General or Light Relief, purely because I didn't feel that it was exactly a welcoming environment. When I was banned, there were posts that suggested that things like chat, banter and discourse should be put in TPD - so when I came back, that's exactly what I did.

And now, that's not good enough, either. TPD isn't what it used to be. You're right, I for one will not disagree with that. There are more people here for a start. However, I certainly find it a friendlier and nicer place to post than anywhere else on CUK - so what if you can't read every post (and some manage it!)? I'd rather have some degree of friendship and discussion than silence here.
                      Words are not enough.

(but in a manly way, of course.)

Comment

Working...
                      X