• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy and damp. Looks like it rained overnight. Weather app says it's foggy, I disagree. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Rain forecast from lunchtime onwards. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

In the hairdressers this morning getting the greys painted over. When I used to live at this end of town, the salon was a five min walk away and I could easily work a visit into the day. Now it's a 25 min walk (not much faster on the bus due to service intervals) and that adds sufficiently more time to the appointment that it's just easier to block a half day out.

Comment

So twin A was in a car accident last week (stolen car hit her) which means she needs to find a new car. She's fine btw just a couple of bruises.

I'm trying to work out if VW's direct to consumer brand (heycar.com) is stupid enough to combine multiple offers together because it seems I can buy a car from there for less than they go for at auction...

Cheapest one elsewhere is £13,500 and yet they have a couple at that price. There is than £1450 in discounts and because it's VW 2 years warranty and servicing included.
      Last edited by eek; Today, 09:19.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A good number of boxes have been transferred to the car, onwards to the storage place, and upwards to my unit. And then onwards to Big Sainsbury's, where the weekly shop has been done

Returning home, I was met at the door by the delicious, rich aroma of the beef and Guinness stew simmering in the slow cooker. It's going to be a nice one, I reckon

Comment

With boxes removed, I've been able to sort some stuff out in the bedroom. Said stuff had largely been heaped on the boxes and was, due to their migration, now heaped on the floor. Some of it still is, pending the retrieval of a blanket box from the storage unit, but with easier access to that end of the wardrobe, I was able to store some neatly in there. Some trousers have also been put in the wash, and the bed has been left to air

When I bought expensive new pillows earlier in the year, I found that a stack of two was too much, so switched to just using one. However, I'm not sure that's enough. So I'm going to try using one of the new ones on top of one of the older (but still not very old) ones, as I think that may prove to be the happy medium

And my phone has just alerted me to my colleagues starting a Slack huddle to continue work on the stuff we've been doing. I wish them well of it, but I'm happy to wait until Monday to find out all about it

In the meantime, I'm sat down with a coffee, quietly contemplating the increasing mistiness outside that's starting to blur the tops of the Victorian trees surrounding the old house that is now the University's School of Business, a couple of hundred yards away as the magpie flies

Comment

Working...
          X