• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been a thick-cut ribeye steak with chips, fried onions and beans

Accompanied by a bit of Trucking Hell

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Underwater (2020) in which a deep ocean mining operation comes under attack from strange creatures. It's pretty good as these things go

Remaining underwater but with creatures no stranger than Cold War opponents, next up was a rewatch of The Hunt for Red October (1990). This has been upscaled to 4K since I last watched it and as part of that process, they seem to have removed the name of the political officer from the subtitles for the Russian-language bits, though it's still audible on the soundtrack. Rather a futile process, given that his name is said later when the Russians' dialogue all happens in English. For the record, the subtitle reading something like "The Political Officer is waiting in your cabin" originally read "Political Officer Putin is waiting in your cabin", for that happens to be the name of the Political Officer, who - spoiler alert - comes to a rather unfortunate end

And although I may have finished The Wire (again) last week, that doesn't mean the policing of Baltimore is no longer under televisual scrutiny. So I watched E1 (there'll only be one S as it's a true story, or at least based thereon) of We Own This City, a dramatisation of the downfall of the Gun Trace Task Force of the Baltimore PD. Very good, with quite a few familiar faces from The Wire showing up, albeit in roles reflecting how much older they and we are nowadays

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Damp.

Blue sky.

Misty.

Hints of sun.

Torrential overnight.

Chilly in here at 16.7 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto, 13.6 deg in the saltinghouse.

1005.7 mBar, 29.698 in Hg, 745.34Torr, 14.586 psi, (up from 1001 last night), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 22nd of November 2019 there was discussion of the late Millie, the gunshy gundog, plus discussion of Stackexchange & finding stuff one had posted years prior, or finding stuff posted by someone sacked for incompetence (wasn't me was it? Just askin' like ), whereas I had beans on toast for lunch and had finally remembered "Anachronism", this being a word that tortured me for 3 weeks when I couldn't bring it to mindldgit.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:24.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Morning.

Saturday.

Damp.

Blue sky.

Misty.

Hints of sun.

Torrential overnight.

Chilly in here at 16.7 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto, 13.6 deg in the saltinghouse.

1005.7 mBar, 29.698 in Hg, 745.34Torr, 14.586 psi, (up from 1001 last night), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 22nd of November 2019 there was discussion of the late Millie, the gunshy gundog, plus discussion of Stackexchange & finding stuff one had posted years prior, or finding stuff posted by someone sacked for incompetence (wasn't me was it? Just askin' like ), whereas I had beans on toast for lunch and had finally remembered "Anachronism", this being a word that tortured me for 3 weeks when I couldn't bring it to mindldgit.

Whatever.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast. Wet. Light rain falling. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Supposed to brighten up as the day progresses. Barometer down to 1007 mBar.

Off to Sussex by the Sea where the temperature is about the same and the general weather forecast is too.

My aunt and uncle have deigned to visit Mum, for the first time in 2 years since Dad died, and arranged dinner this evening in a local pub. They wanted to take Mum out this afternoon, "something touristy" they said. What the hell does that mean? So I have to get there before they do, to make sure she's up and dressed.

Staying over as dinner won't finish till late.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out at the moment, though it's expected to turn sunny this afternoon. Reasonably mild for the time of year at 14°C with a predicted high of 16°. The barometers are down a bit at 998/1006mB

Comment

Looking Simpsonesque out now

Lunch was a bacon bap (white)

Comment

Tea has been brought to me from a Pakistani restaurant up a side road past the town end of the park. It was very good indeed, and very generous portions too. I'll definitely order from them again

Comment

Working...
                  X