• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from Cabaret with sub-section of usual old witches. Last act was esp. nice, burlesque lady with a lovely b*m. Got a bit of a ....
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Thursday done, timesheet submitted, and… WEEKEND!

Sunny afternoon out, with just a few wisps of cloud hither and yon

Comment

The walk has been walked

Once it gets dark, I'm going to have a look for that comet - the skies are mostly clear, and my bedroom window faces in roughly the right direction

Comment

Evening all

It's been a lovely sunny day with lumps of fluff. The high was 18 and, despite a damp start, no rain rained. Looks to be a clear night too. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

Apparently the clear skies should afford a good sight of the "Harvest Moon" this evening.

I have today been offered more work by consultancyCo, increasing my days from 2 per week back up to full time. This is very welcome even if it is only until the end of January.

The quest for a more firmly positioned contract continues.

Comment

In other news, I see Scrambled Maps has been updated again.

Comment

No comet. By the time the western sky had got dark enough, a big cloud had come and planted itself there. It only hung around for a while but by the time it had moved on, I suspect the comet had ducked down behind a tall tree in a nearby garden

On the other side, though, there's a lovely full moon through the living room window
              Last edited by NickFitz; Today, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                In other news, I see Scrambled Maps has been updated again.
                I like the green tick on correctly-positioned tiles

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I have today been offered more work by consultancyCo, increasing my days from 2 per week back up to full time. This is very welcome even if it is only until the end of January.
                  Every little helps!

Comment

Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

This was accompanied by a new episode of the Gloucestershire police thing. And there's a new episode of Traffic Cops too! Spoilt for choice

Comment

Read a bit more of The Founders. PayPal and X have agreed a merger; "business genius" Elon Musk initially demanded a valuation at a 92/8 split in favour of X, but his own business partners and employees forced him to accept a (much more reasonable) 50/50 split instead

Must remember to change the early alarms on the phone from "Mon-Fri" to "Mon-Thu" before I go to sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X