• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Lunch: a bowl of my sister's turkey soup (last Christmas's leftovers), as she was kind enough to give me some to bring home yesterday, with a bit of brown bread. Lovely soup that

I was halfway through it when the money arrived! So I immediately got on the phone to the bank to set up CHAPS payments. This turned out to take about forty minutes due to the repeated checks that details were correct, explanations of various scams followed by probing questions to make sure I hadn't fallen for one, and all that. But given the sums involved, I was just glad they were being so thorough

Not sure it'll come through in time for me to clear my mortgage today, so I'll clear it tomorrow instead

And then back to the microwave to reheat what remained of the soup

Congratulations feels like the wrong thing to say, considering the events that had to take place for this to be a possibility. However, being mortgage free is definitely cause for celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Congratulations feels like the wrong thing to say, considering the events that had to take place for this to be a possibility. However, being mortgage free is definitely cause for celebration.
      Cheers! Yes, it seems a bit odd to be pleased about it. Then again, our Mum was always absolutely determined that we would get it, which was one reason she and Dad wouldn't consider the idea of going into a home. They'd started with nothing (they initially lived in a spare room in her cousin's house, which is where my brother was born) and they wanted us to get the fruits of their labours, and she very specifically wanted me to be able to clear my mortgage - she said so about a month before she died

Comment

Been giving lot of my money to my sons recently to avoid the **** Labour tax raid on Oct 31st.

Unconnected, I'm surprised most of Russia is on Google Street.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X