• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: ham toasties

These were made using almost the last of the white bloomer I got from Chatsworth. It's exceptionally light and airy compared to the stuff from the Sainsbury's in-store bakery

Comment

Just sat through a long Teams meeting with system architects, security people, and so on. At the end, just after five, we were all saying goodbye and one of them said "Have a great weekend, everyone!" Then a short pause and he said, in a plaintive tone: "Oh God, it's still only Thursday."

Comment

I have been moved. The removal lads did a fab job and now I'm sat surrounded by boxes and no internet (other than mobile). The bed is made and I've picked up dinner from a Carribbean place around the corner.

Tomorrow, after my broadband has been installed, I have to go back to the old place to empty the fridge and bring the contents back. I'll switch my fridge freezer on before I go to bed to get it nicely chilled in readiness.

So far, so good.

Comment

To Big Sainsbury's I did go, for it is Viz publication day and Not-As-Big one doesn't stock it. Among the usual delights, I treated myself to a bottle of Bollinger, the better to celebrate on the night and early morning of July 4th-5th

No chip shop on the way home though, as I didn't fancy it tonight

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I have been moved. The removal lads did a fab job and now I'm sat surrounded by boxes and no internet (other than mobile). The bed is made and I've picked up dinner from a Carribbean place around the corner.

Tomorrow, after my broadband has been installed, I have to go back to the old place to empty the fridge and bring the contents back. I'll switch my fridge freezer on before I go to bed to get it nicely chilled in readiness.

So far, so good.
            Congratulations!

Comment

Tea tonight was oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

And telly was the police night shift thing in Gloucestershire, this time mainly about Cheltenham during the horse racing festival, when the entire town centre of an evening is full of people from elsewhere who've been drinking since ten in the morning

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Friday!

Sunny start today, and a warm one at 15°C. It's supposed to get to 22° later, which is nice enough as long as it doesn't go on for too long. The barometers are down though, at 1002/1010mB

Comment

for it is Viz publication day
                  Ah! Something to live for! Apart from boring Sainburies shop may have a loony lady 3 walk today. Get round to phoning her later.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Sunny, clear sky. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

It was delightful to sleep in a properly dark bedroom after two years of ineffective curtains / blinds. Didn't sleep all that well as I was a bit achy but that'll soon pass.

Broadband installation person is due imminently, I must be first on the job list. I wish them luck finding a parking space.

Comment

Well that was a damp squib.

No broadband today because the conduit (?) from the junction on the pavement to the property is too corroded to pass the cable through. BT have to come out to repair it.

So, that won't be done in time for me to return to work next week or do the interview I had lined up for Tuesday morning.

Feck and buggeration.

Comment

Working...
                      X