• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
    TPD is jacobs
    The whole forum is! vBulletin made some unbelievably bad architectural decisions years ago, and it's simply not fit for purpose once a forum gets to this size

I'm going to investigate alternatives and see if I can persuade the CUK powers that be to migrate it

Comment

Lunch: a pancetta omelette

Been a while since I had one of those. I wouldn't want one every week, but it makes a nice change

Looks like the rain has just about gone both here and at my destination, so I might head off shortly.

Comment

Morning Afternoon.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 13.6 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 in the leanto.

1003.7 mBar, 29.64 in Hg, 752.8 Torr, 14.557 psi, (up from 1000 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine: nowhere near as cold as yesterday when scarf & gloves remaining in place from start to finish, today the scarf was removed about halfway, and the gloves stayed in the pocket.

Lunch: beans on toast etc. during which a filling departed from a molar. Oh deep & abiding joy.

Meanwhile on the 22nd of September 2019 it was sunny for me and grim & raining for NF, while the jackdaws were tap dancing on the chimney again, whereas NF couldn't decide what to have for dinner.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

Entertainment: BTCC on ITV4/4+1. Lots of crashes & suchlike. Haven't watched this for years. Are Frank Sytner & John Cleland still in it? .

More bollox on Blaze: Conspiracy theories: Fort Knox empty of gold but full of flying saucers. etc. etc. etc.

Tea: soup etc. soft to preserve what teeth I have left after the earlier trauma.

The Georgia Guidestones: unfortunately they've been blown up since despite all the camera monitoring.

Beyond Skinwalker Ranch: more bollox but not at Skinwalker: The Ranch With A Hum.

Skinwalker Ranch. The Blob.

National Park Mysteries bollox: Lassen Volcanic Nat Park. Canyonland N. Park.

Megadisasters: Toxic Cloud. HF, Cl, etc. Texas City is a good place not to live. 1947 explosion of ammonium nitrate. HF release when a heatexchanger was dropped on a pressurised HF tank. Cl release from derailed railway wagons.

Megadisasters: British Superflood. WTF? Doggerland?. . Nope. The English Channel being cut by the outflow of an iceage lake 400,000 years ago, as it told us time and time and time and time and time and time again. Much repetition with little real data. Last in the series. Well it was better than the UFO bollox that infests the channel.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 May 2024, 18:54.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Uneventful drive down. Some rain en route. Sunnier on the coast with blue sky and lumpy fluff.

Mum doesn't remember eating this morning so I'm making her fish, chips and beans for a non-traditional Sunday lunch.

There's very little food in the house and she doesn't have a shopping list, which isn't a good development.

Comment

Home again!

The big box of newspapers and magazines had vanished, so somebody else must have taken on the business of sorting through it. At least I hope they did, rather than just chucking it

I ended up gathering together some of the few remaining books though, including a weighty tome in an illustrated slipcase entitled The Meccano Magazine Anthology, which asserts that it contains over 400 compete articles including the entirety of 1934

Comment

Tea has been a bit of the beef & Hobgoblin stout pie out of the freezer, with chips

Nice evening out there now. Looking at the forecast, I see it's going to turn warm and even hot over the coming week. I may have to switch to the two-thirds duvet

Comment

The drive back was drier than the drive down. Cloudy but dry although more rain forecast this evening.

My brother reattached a rubber seal to my front windscreen and secured it with masking tape which makes it look like my windscreen is being in held in place with tape It was more to make sure the rubber stayed in place on the drive home while the sealant cures, of course. Need to take it off tomorrow when I get home from the office.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The drive back was drier than the drive down. Cloudy but dry although more rain forecast this evening.

My brother reattached a rubber seal to my front windscreen and secured it with masking tape which makes it look like my windscreen is being in held in place with tape It was more to make sure the rubber stayed in place on the drive home while the sealant cures, of course. Need to take it off tomorrow when I get home from the office.
                  Sounds like the kind of vehicle the New Zealand roads police encounter in rural areas, except in their case the car they've stopped usually is being held together with masking tape

Tonight's viewing has been the latest episode of Surgeons followed by a couple of old 24 Hours in A&Es

A lot of this series of Surgeons seems to have been cancer ops, so it made a nice change to have a bit of good old fashioned open heart surgery this time

Back to work in the morning. I haven't managed to achieve very much of the stuff I'd thought of doing with this break, but I feel much better for it - I was quite worn out, to a degree I hadn't fully realised when I was in the thick of it. Looking forward to a couple of short weeks in May as well

The black bin bag has been deposited outside the flat door, ready for collection by the management company people in the morning. Nice to feel one's getting something in return for the management fee

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright sunny day out! Not too chilly at 7°C and expected to soar to 14° later. The barometers are bouncing back at 1000/1008mB

Back to work today

Comment

Morning all

Mostly clear sky with wispy fluff. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 15 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

Off to the office. The director of the consultancy doesn't agree with the balancing figure for the contract I'm just about to complete (before we move to the reduced hours I'll be on from Weds). I have double checked my calculations and am ready for a fight if his sums are not in my favour.

Comment

Working...
                      X