• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: pâté on toast

Bit of rain this morning

Much excitement earlier when I heard voices in the hall outside my flat door. Looking through the peephole, I saw people being conducted into the flat across the landing by what may have been an estate agent

I was under the impression the flat had sold, as it disappeared from RightMove, Zoopla, and the estate agent's site. But a search showed it reappearing on all three, so maybe the sale fell through? I notice that, unlike many listings, this agent hasn't mentioned up front that subletting is strictly prohibited, so it's possible they were trying to flog it to somebody who wanted to BTL and who was eventually convinced by their conveyancer that they were on a fool's errand

Comment

Timesheet submitted, logged out, and…
      Holiday!

Comment

^^ for holiday

A very productive afternoon had. I fathomed the thing I needed to do on Power BI and am happy with the result.

There has been much intermittent (unforecast) rain. Interspersed with lovely sunshine.

My landlady is trying to screw me over on a rent increase, pleading poverty and demanding a change of terms.

Comment

I unmade the bed at lunchtime and left it to air - a proper airing with the bedroom window open. And I just remembered to remake it, thus avoiding an unpleasant surprise later

There's been occasional unforecast rain here too but it's hinting at the Simpsonesque now, a little late in the day

Comment

Tea has been Sainsbury's Sweet & Spicy Pork Ribs™ and chips. Nice enough flavour to the ribs though a little lacking in character, as I suppose is inevitable for a recipe that will have had to pass numerous focus groups before permission was granted to bring it to market

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Poor Things (2023) in which a young woman is brought back from the dead by a peculiar doctor and… well, you'd have to watch it to understand what goes on, but it's a very peculiar kettle of fish. Well worth the price of admission though, which in my case was a Disney+ subscription; other modes of access are available

And then I rewatched The Accountant since it must be a week or two since I last watched that, and then a couple more episodes of S3 of The Wire

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Saturday (though it may be Sunday by the time this posts).

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 12.5 in the kitchen, 12 in the leanto.

1026 mBar, 30.2977 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.88 psi, (up from 1021 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 19th of September 2019 Xogg was still struggling with cooking, whilst I had scrambled egg for a change. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Not warm but the scarf & gloves of a couple of days ago were unnecessary.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: NZ Highway Cops thing: the one with the washed out bridge to the camp site (2011 so I assume they're all out of there now ).

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Thing about the demise of the Vikings in Greenland.

Thing about the demise of Khmer kingdom in Cambodia.

Thing in common: climate change. Rain, plague, murrain of beasts.

Dixon of Dock Green S18 E7 "Molenzicht": chap hauled out the Thames having been coshed. Nice trip to Rotterdam for Andy.

The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre: S2 E7 "The sinister man". Another chap hauled out of the water. Patrick Allen. Wilfrid Brambell. William Gaunt. Burt Kwouk. Silly story: a sort of Large Asian Country about to invade Small Asian Country. A bit like Red China and Tibet.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 April 2024, 21:20.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Rather Simpsonesque out today. Currently 10°C and due to get to 11° shortly, while the barometers are spring upwards at 1017/1025mB. Various pigeons, crows, and blackbirds are out enjoying themselves on the lawn

Comment

Afternoon all

Intermittent periods of sunshine and overcast grey. Currently 11 degrees and that's the high for the day. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1027 mBar.

This morning I went to see a little house over West Ealing way. It's nice, it's considerably cheaper than what I'm currently paying but it remains to be seen whether the landladies want to wait six weeks. The main downside is that the front door opens directly into the living room - right in the middle of the wall so not exactly easy to put behind a room divider. The other annoyance is that there are no wardrobes so that's an extra faff/expense.

This afternoon I have been catching up on The Curse of Oak Island, season 10. Sky Go is only listing the last four weeks' worth of season 11 as that's what's currently airing. So I won't be immediately moving onto that unless I can be bothered to do a spot of torrenting.

Comment

Nando's for tea

Very nice evening out there

Comment

Working...
                      X