• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Yuletide greetings from Sussex by the Sea

Windy, overcast, intermittent rain. Currently 12 degrees ('feels.like' 9) and that's it for the day.

The drive down this morning was actually very good despite the doom and gloom put out by the AA. The only entertainment was being caught by the gusts of wind.

Yesterday's visit to Kew Gardens was fun. I didn't realise it was my friends' anniversary weekend. We were guested into Kew and then given a bottle of champagne to drink while being driven around on the train. I think Kew are missing a trick by not offering that as a proper optional extra (like the London Eye used to do "Pimms flights").
    Last edited by ladymuck; 24 December 2023, 13:35.

Comment

Lunch: ham toasties

Comment

Tea has been roast duck in orange sauce with chips

My Mum used to make duck on Christmas Eve, in the days when we all used to head home then rather than going down on Christmas morning

Comment

Might open the tin of Quality Street in a bit

Comment

Some great early entries in #DuvetKnowItsChristmas on Twitter

Comment

It's Christmas! Ho ho ho!/Bah humbug! (delete as appropriate)

Comment

I would like to echo the opinions of the previous poster.

May your day be as good as it can be.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

But for a little entertainment today, consider this a Monday Links From the Manger: https://www.fourkingmaps.co.uk

It’s like W3W, but using swear words. Only covers UK & Ireland and the search doesn’t seem to work by postcode, etc.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather cloudy start, but it isn't raining and the wind seems to have died down. It's 9° and aiming for 11° here and 12° in the southern region in which I'll be dining, and the barometers are up a bit at 994/1001mB

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      But for a little entertainment today, consider this a Monday Links From the Manger: https://www.fourkingmaps.co.uk

It’s like W3W, but using swear words. Only covers UK & Ireland and the search doesn’t seem to work by postcode, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X