• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy but bright with a bit of breeze. Damp from recent rain. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a hihg of 11 expected. No rain forecast. I have been up and down stairs many times today and each time forgot to check the barometer. According to my weather app it's at 1019 mBar my reading will be a couple of mBar adrift of that.

Menu planning for what to cook Mum over Christmas to make sure she gets a few decent meals in her. Looks like two dinners and three lunches to plan for.

Comment

Checked none work email and saw that an extension to the end of May has appeared in it.

I’ll take that
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch: chicken, tomato and lentil soup. This batch was meant to be herby, but finished up a bit hot as well because of my overenthusiastic use of black pepper. It's a winning combination

The last of the Christmas presents have been delivered, my sister having supplied with me with Amazon links for her and her husband's desired items. I may get around to wrapping those in a bit, or I may not bother - everybody's getting a gift bag with stuff in it, and I think that ought to be good enough for them

My Dad liked dark chocolate so I'd bought a box of those specially for him. I suppose I get to eat them now

I had wondered too about the birthday card I'd got him, a pop-up one of a Spitfire. I bought it earlier in the year and hoped he'd still be around to see it. Turns out it was one of the ones my sister had taken to the hospital for him when he was conscious and aware of things on Saturday, so he did see it, which is nice to know

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Checked none work email and saw that an extension to the end of May has appeared in it.

I’ll take that
          Boomed!

Comment

Just had the kitchen extended or, to put it another way, I took two large bags of recycling over to the bins.

When I got there, it turned out the bins weren't in. It seems the staff haven't attended today to put them back after bin day, so I had to go all the way down to the end of the path beyond the block opposite to get rid of the bags. But this gave me the opportunity to walk back across the big lawn, so that made a nice change

Comment

And on the way back in, I discovered that a book ordered from an Amazon Marketplace seller and shipped via Evri had been left outside a flat two floors down. If it had just been left on the ground floor or even outside I could understand, but to go to all the trouble of coming upstairs to the wrong floor and leaving it at a flat with a different number suggests a dedication to doing things wrong that's actually rather impressive

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                And on the way back in, I discovered that a book ordered from an Amazon Marketplace seller and shipped via Evri had been left outside a flat two floors down. If it had just been left on the ground floor or even outside I could understand, but to go to all the trouble of coming upstairs to the wrong floor and leaving it at a flat with a different number suggests a dedication to doing things wrong that's actually rather impressive
                Maybe they realised they were on the wrong floor and gave up trying to get to the right one!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Maybe they realised they were on the wrong floor and gave up trying to get to the right one!
                  That flat's number is obscured by a Christmas wreath at the moment, so maybe they figured there was no visible proof it wasn't the right place

Comment

The optician's just phoned - I can pick up my new glasses at 11:30 tomorrow!

Comment

Early evening ents has been Storyville: Pianoforte which is about the Chopin competition that takes place in Warsaw every five years. Follows a few competitors and their progress through 3 weeks of pretty intense competition and the brave faces they have to put on when the winner is declared.

I like the Storyville format; no dramatic voiceover, just told via the people themselves and what I think is good editing.

Comment

Working...
                      X